Pflueger Bond 2004

Started by Mic, February 03, 2021, 06:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mic

PERFECT !!!!!!!!!!!

My drag washers should be here tomorrow from SmoothDrag, for the two Bond 2004's(yep, went and found me another one), ABU 6000C, PENN 309 and 210. Along with the PENN 24-56 handle recommended by the Boss.

Now that all the ice and snow has gone and it's 70 degrees outside, gonna have to make the time.

I'll have to find me something to put in there for the nylon washer. If it's just a surface to keep the two metal surfaces from grinding against each other, then I should be alright with pretty much anything going back in. Nylon washers are still readily available if you know where to look. Todays modern automobile industry uses quite a few different types and sizes of nylon washers. About 30 years ago I used to work for NAPA. They still have good parts catalogs. Just an FYI. NAPA can get just about any marine parts you need for you boat motor as well. If your dealer said "No" or they quoted you a price that was higher the the scrotum of a cold giraffe. Give NAPA a try. They have bailed me out from time to time.

Still thinking about a different flex washer set up above the drag stack......()....or maybe (()). As HD as these reels feel, I'm sure it would be worth the experiment.

Thanks again John !

Mic

Brewcrafter

Good luck!  You are spot on about the nylon washer; it would probably still function just fine without it and a light coat of lube, but always best to rebuild it right if you can find the appropriate parts! - john

thorhammer

Mic, for a clamp, I'd order a black aluminum Torque clamp from Mystic- they look great, economical, have no logo, and most importantly are slotted so you have some wiggle room on the spacing. I use SS screws secured with nylocs, cut to length, and the stock Penn capture nuts. Works great. Just double check your distance on centers, but I have to imagine that clap will fit.

John

Mic

Quote from: thorhammer on February 23, 2021, 02:47:14 PM
Mic, for a clamp, I'd order a black aluminum Torque clamp from Mystic- they look great, economical, have no logo, and most importantly are slotted so you have some wiggle room on the spacing. I use SS screws secured with nylocs, cut to length, and the stock Penn capture nuts. Works great. Just double check your distance on centers, but I have to imagine that clap will fit.

John

Excellent advice John,

I'll dang sure look at those clamps and the nuts.

I think these two old reels will not only be strong and tough, but look cool as hell doing it !

Mic

thorhammer

Yeah, all three; if you send me the C2C measure, I will check it against my clamps.