Lake Erie Catfishing

Started by mo65, June 28, 2019, 02:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

festus

That is channel cat fishing at its best no matter where you are.  The creeks, rivers, and lakes down here are up too high to fish also....And here comes another storm over the mountains from the northwest.  ::)

nelz

Btw, this thread got me curious so I watched a teardown of the Kastking Rover (done by that PimpMyReel guy). He gave it a stellar review. What I found very surprising is the drag which is similar in design to the new Accurate Tern, using both sides of the main gear. Never saw that one coming, not bad for a cheap reel!

mo65

Quote from: nelz on June 28, 2019, 09:54:36 PM
Btw, this thread got me curious so I watched a teardown of the Kastking Rover (done by that PimpMyReel guy). He gave it a stellar review. What I found very surprising is the drag which is similar in design to the new Accurate Tern, using both sides of the main gear. Never saw that one coming, not bad for a cheap reel!

I'll have to say I was impressed by what I saw from the reel in action Nelz...I'll be picking up a Rover 50 sometime soon. Don't that just about figure? I fish a couple of reels tricked out with double dogs, 5-stack kits, Tiburon frames and spools, stainless steel parts, and custom power handles, but everyone gets stoked over a 40 dollar reel!! :-\
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

happyhooker

Great report & super trip.

Frank

Rivverrat

Benni3

Looks like a big day,,,,,,great job man,,,, ;D

Alto Mare

Very nice Mike, glad you had a great trip!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Swami805

That's a heck of a trip,looking forward to the video, thanks
Do what you can with that you have where you are