Big Bass Cheat Mike Long Busted

Started by Zimbass, June 29, 2019, 06:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oc1

Quote from: Zimbass on June 30, 2019, 03:48:23 AM
I am a LMB fanatic, competitive and have a bass boat, as are the majority of my friends. Best bunch of people you could ever wish to meet. True Ohana.

I'm showing my ignorance and sheltered life again Terry and had no idea the bass fishing culture extended beyond the U.S.  It's hard to dislike something I cannot imagine.  The article did reinforce the stereotype in my head of the bass fishing circuits.   
-steve

smnaguwa

Quoting Lord Acton, "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely". And except for a few, wealth/money may do the same - think about the recent mortgage crisis recession.

Rivverrat

Quote from: oc1 on June 30, 2019, 09:37:06 AM
I am a LMB fanatic, competitive and have a bass boat, as are the majority of my friends. Best bunch of people you could ever wish to meet. True Ohana.

I'm showing my ignorance and sheltered life again Terry and had no idea the bass fishing culture extended beyond the U.S.  It's hard to dislike something I cannot imagine.  The article did reinforce the stereotype in my head of the bass fishing circuits.  
-steve

Good on you Steve. Im sure if we are honest we've all had a similar response at some point, that we might have regretted in hindsight... Jeff

Gfish

Quote from: David Hall on June 30, 2019, 05:08:45 AM
Quote from: Rivverrat on June 30, 2019, 04:24:58 AM
This write up doesn't surprise me. Nothing evil about money & power. It just has a way of revealing ones true character.   

Exactly!

Good point Jeff and smnaguwa, Most anyone seems to have the potential to be corrupted. A test of ones character would be wether they take the bait or not. Is it just me, or does it happen more now-a-days than it used to?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Lunker Larry

That is one heck of a story. I guess it is common in all fishing. In the Muskie world look up Louis Spray and his "records".
Thing is, once those lakes or areas get the attention they do not want to disclaim them. Bad for business.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

nelz

Quote from: Lunker Larry on June 30, 2019, 02:30:21 PMThat is one heck of a story. I guess it is common in all fishing. In the Muskie world look up Louis Spray and his "records". Thing is, once those lakes or areas get the attention they do not want to disclaim them. Bad for business.

Happens with leaders of countries as well; once the people believe they will see improvements to their economy, they'll turn a blind eye to their leader's morals... or lack of them.

Crow

I guess some crave the "fame " , and some the money ! Back when "bassin' " really became a "popular sport" (mid to late '70's, around here), there was a local "Bass Club"....mostly fishing the Mississippi backwaters, and several "State Park lakes".....didn't take too long before a "few" were caught retrieving previously caught fish, from stringers hidden along the shore. Same issues arose when the "Crappie Tournies" became an item, and now it's Catfish Tournaments .......something about "competition" that brings out the best , in some folks....and the worst, in a few of the others !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Maxed Out

A friend of mine won 10 grand in a local salmon derby, then claimed an additional $500 for catching his winning fish on Silver Horde gear. I know it was a lie because he told me to my face that his fish was actually caught on a whole herring. To me it spoke volumes about his lack of honesty and integrity.

Our friendship has now dissolved, mainly because if he will steal and cheat in a derby, then he cannot be trusted to ever do the right thing when it comes down to being honest and trustworthy
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Benni3

When I was a kid my dad found a orange ribbon on a tree with a rope going down in the water,,,,,, :-[ my dad pulled the rope up there was a cage with big bass in it,,,, :o he turned the bass lose,,, :D and he told me to catch a sun perch,,,,  ;) He put it in the cage and said that's one mean sun perch to eat those bass,,,,,,,, ;D

festus

One father-son team used to venture upstream to a feeder creek during b@$$ tournaments.  They'd beach their boat and then fish a stocked pond.  At least two occasions they won.  Not sure if this is actually against tournament rules, because the pond spillway is technically a portion of the headwaters of the lake?  ???

Crow

Quote from: Benni3 on June 30, 2019, 06:28:36 PM
When I was a kid my dad found a orange ribbon on a tree with a rope going down in the water,,,,,, :-[ my dad pulled the rope up there was a cage with big bass in it,,,, :o he turned the bass lose,,, :D and he told me to catch a sun perch,,,,  ;) He put it in the cage and said that's one mean sun perch to eat those bass,,,,,,,, ;D
[/quote

;) :D, Your Dad sounds like my kinda' guy !!]
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Zimbass

Quote from: oc1 on June 30, 2019, 09:37:06 AM

I'm showing my ignorance and sheltered life again Terry and had no idea the bass fishing culture extended beyond the U.S.  It's hard to dislike something I cannot imagine.  The article did reinforce the stereotype in my head of the bass fishing circuits.   
-steve

You are a good man Steve. Appreciate your response.

Best

Terry.

Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

tincanary

Quote from: swill88 on June 29, 2019, 05:05:38 PM
Does this mean my Dobbyns "Mike Long Special" swimbait Rod will go up in value?

Steve

Yep, just like Pete Rose baseball cards did  ;D

Shark Hunter

Ha Ha! Poor Pete.
I used to be an Avid Bass Fisherman for many years. Had a Nice Boat, Never for Money, Just for Sport with the Wife and Kids.
Then I caught a Shark. All Bass are bait now. ;)
Life is Good!