Newell Jack Levers

Started by Cortez_Conversions, June 29, 2019, 06:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez_Conversions

Top secret Newell 500 series prototype project.......Don't tell anyone!🤣

Seriously though, not sure if these should be made from 7075 aluminum and black hard anodized or just stainless steel. Thoughts?
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

xjchad

Beautiful Tom!
I feel like stainless will be much more durable. I love all things aluminum, but I'd be concerned about it getting bent if the rig is bouncing around on a boat.
Husband, Father, Fisherman

reel man

The originals were all ss to reduce corrosion, and provide durability.

Bryan Young

Stainless would be best as we discussed.  Yes, we loose customization with anodization but I believe durability is best.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

The 7075 is pretty tough🤔
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rivverrat

Stainless!  It smooths out so nicely over time. Stainless also allows you to skip the process of being anodized

Caranx

bluefish69

Stainless Steel just like the originals that Carl had made.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Swami805

SS and maybe some in black like the clickers you make. A few other sizes would be good too. I won't tell anyone.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

bluefish69

Up here in N.Y. & N.J. area we use mostly 200 & 300 series Newell reels. It would be nice to have replacements.

PLEASE

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

RUSTY OLD COLT

I would be interested in 200 /300 series also .

badfish71

Bryan Young

Likely no more expensive than a used one on eBay.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Newell Nut

Excellent point if you ever see another used one on ebay. Very rare item.

Dwight

Cortez_Conversions

Okay, here you go!

Finished product is one piece stainless steel for the Newell 500 series reels.
The price is $40.67 each plus shipping. I'll have them up on the website soon, but I'm offering here first. I can invoice thru PayPal, just PM me your email and how many you want.

Thanks!
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal