Eric, The Man and Ted's EXCELLENT Adventure!!

Started by Ron Jones, June 30, 2019, 04:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

SO..
2 days on the water, 45 or so miles each way, 390 to 600+ feet of water, a really cool camping spot with a LOT of rain and three guys who fell in step like they have been fishing with each other for years going after ling, halibut and a crazy wide open black rockfish bite equals an awful lot of time with The Man stuffing lots filets into plastic bags that were cut by Eric and Ted...EXCELLENT!!!

Yes, that means I am not great with a filet knife and am much more effective in any support capacity that does not require me cutting off the skin of a fish!

I have lots of pictures, and will be posting them at a later date. For now; the fish is trimmed, bagged and in the freezer, I have gotten a long shower and now I am going to the rack.

I cannot say thank you enough to Ted. This man can place a boat on fish like a world class pro and the way he puts this thing in and out of a slip is a pure pleasure to watch.

Goodnight
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Maxed Out

The Man has fish blood pumping thru his veins.....and some on his pants too  :D  :D

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Ron Jones

And so it begins.
I got out of work late AND had a few things to button up at the house, so I didn't leave until 6:00 PM on Wed. Ted was already up at Neah with the boat in the slip and the tent up, in fact I think I interrupted a nap by telling him I was leaving. It is a very good thing that that I am fortunate enough to live in the middle of paradise and so it only took me a couple hours to get to Ted. On the way, I ran into these guys.

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Ron Jones

I promise I'll figure the picture thing out.
On the way, I wanted to show you guys the sun disappearing over the Contiguous 48. This isn't technically over flattery, I was just a bit late, this is over Sekiu, Pillar point and  a few other points. Maybe 25 miles from Cape Flattery.
Ronald Jones
"

witty1

Quote from: Ron Jones on June 30, 2019, 04:52:08 PM
SO..
2 days on the water, 45 or so miles each way, 390 to 600+ feet of water, a really cool camping spot with a LOT of rain and three guys who fell in step like they have been fishing with each other for years going after ling, halibut and a crazy wide open black rockfish bite equals an awful lot of time with The Man stuffing lots filets into plastic bags that were cut by Eric and Ted...EXCELLENT!!!

Yes, that means I am not great with a filet knife and am much more effective in any support capacity that does not require me cutting off the skin of a fish!

I have lots of pictures, and will be posting them at a later date. For now; the fish is trimmed, bagged and in the freezer, I have gotten a long shower and now I am going to the rack.

I cannot say thank you enough to Ted. This man can place a boat on fish like a world class pro and the way he puts this thing in and out of a slip is a pure pleasure to watch.

Goodnight
The Man

So true, we were on the fish consistently throughout the day. He knew the spots and we limited out on halibut, lings, and rockfish!
Where's the pics of the fish-hold?

mo65

Great fish Ron! Sounds like you guys had an excellent trip. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Crow

Sounds like a fun trip.....and pretty scenery, to boot !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Donnyboat

Nice report Ron, sounds like you all had a great Day, good memories, lovely sun rize, cheers Don & thanks.
Don, or donnyboat

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thanks for the report Ron, and way to go Ted!  Great job putting those guys on the fish!

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Ron Jones

I'm going to have to do this the long way because the Network administrator can't figure out how to post more than one photo.

After arriving at about 10 at night and sleeping for a few hours that was interrupted by pelting of rain we woke up and said why not and we went for it.

It rained hard ALL...DAY...LONG.

That is until we decided that we've had enough and headed home without our halibut. Shortly after Ted put the hammer down and we headed West the rain slowed down and then stopped.

That flat run gave me an opportunity to snap a pic at Ted getting his work done. The man can drive a boat for sure.
Ronald Jones
"

broadway

Alway love seeing the Ohana getting together for a safe and productive trip. 
Ted has a solid boat and plenty of time solo running her, so I have no doubt what the Chief says is on point.  Heard you were the high hooker this time. ;)
Well done gentlemen,
Dom

Gfish

Great report Ron. Those Black's are 2nd in taste only to Blue's when it comes to rockfish. Cool thing about both species is their schooling behavior. Assume Eric is "witty1", welcome to the site whitty one! Never thought of it quite that way Ron, but glad you got to have the pleasure of watching.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

steelfish

Quote from: broadway on July 01, 2019, 05:52:55 AM
Alway love seeing the Ohana getting together for a safe and productive trip. 

x2

sounds like terrific trip, looking forward for more pics of the adventure
The Baja Guy