Poor Man's Pad Tai

Started by xjchad, July 03, 2019, 08:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjchad

This is my first recipe post so go easy on me  ;D
Since I'm my 3rd case of Ramen noodles now (cheap and fast lunches) I've been trying to find ways to flavor them up different and add a little variety.
I've tried adding Tapatio, pretzels, cheese, and chunks of beef jerky.
Today I went really fancy.  After making the chicken Ramen, I drained off the broth, added chunky peanut butter and Tapatio to make my Poor Man's Pad Tai!
It's actually a lot better than I thought it would be!  :D

Husband, Father, Fisherman

RowdyW

:o The broth is the best part.  :) I'd rather dump the tastless noodles.

Crow

The peanut butter sounds good, to me ;D! I agree that *something* needs added to ramen, to make them "palatable".....I ate a lot of them, when I was going to school.....and swore I'd never eat them again !I think I had ramen noodles, canned tuna, and velveta cheese, just about every way they could be prepared ::)
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Ron Jones

The only one I'll eat with the supplied seasoning is the shrimp. At least it LOOKS like shrimp! I will use the noodles when I'm lazy, I'm not a tapatio guy, but I think you're onto something with the chunky peanut butter.
Ron Jones
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

SevenYearsDown

Try these combos:

Beef flavored Ramen + lime juice + an egg.
Chicken flavor Ramen + scallions + button mushrooms

If you do want instant pad Thai or chow me in they have a lot of those in Asian markets.