The last Fronteir

Started by gstours, July 05, 2019, 03:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Summer is a busy time for most of us.  Lawn mowers, bikes, bbqing, at least there is less firewood to bring in.   Butt the scenery changes up here from wet to dry, even in a rain forest.
  below is a couple of local pictures that i thought of sharing,  nature is still unspoiled with beauty and abundance.

Thanks for watching.  Have a fun summer! :)

Crow

Thanks for sharing those !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

foakes

Unbelievably beautiful country, Gary!

I know what you mean about seasons and demands on work...just worked on a few reels yesterday, then relaxed the rest of the day, had hot dogs, chips, macaroni salad, fresh corn on the cob, and apple pie.  It was a relaxing 4th.

Today has started out slicing timber rounds, splitting into firewood, piling up brush — then working on reels this afternoon.

Thanks for taking us along...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Benni3

Breathtaking views,,,,, :D and big fish there too,,,,, ;D

Alto Mare

It will be a heck of a vacation when I finally come up to visit you Gary...fishing or no fishing.

Natural beauty at its best!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Donnyboat

Really nice Gary, thanks for sharing, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

happyhooker

Nice country; a mini-trip just lookin' at the pics.  Thanks!

Frank

Gfish

Awesome pictures Gary!
What kinda whale belongs to those flukes?
Was that Moose shot from the boat or land. You're too close and he don't look to happy with you.
I once got charged while fishing a small river in Katmi Nat. Park. I had a trout hooked and saw mom and her 2 offspring approaching outta the corner of my eye. At first I thought " hey, somebodies long legged horse and colts musta escaped".  Next thing I know, she's charging me, huffing and snorting. Feets don't fail me now! I was thankfully out in the river already and made it to the middle real quick! She pulled up short, maybe sensing how scared I was.
Up there, nature really rules!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

gstours

Thanks for the great question.  Mr g fiss,  the moose was about ten feet away from our picture window inthe front of our house...
  In our area we have mostly humpback whales and they are quite common to see.   The non fishing tourist will often opt for this as an activity!
   It's nature at its finest.

mikeysm

It's great but to much of that weather and you start to beg for sunshine. I never could get use to it and finally came back to California.

Mike

Rivverrat

Wow !! Just Really Wow !!

Dominick

Spectacular scenery.  Tasty fish also.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Thanks for the kind words.  Any time is a good time,  when they bite, is usually when they bite.🇺🇸🧜‍♂️👫🙈🌞😘🤪🚣‍♀️💕. Just saying.  Let's go.🎣

Midway Tommy

Beautiful, beautiful country, Gary!  8) Thanks for sharing, though I'm feeling pretty jealous right now!   ;)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)