Main Menu

Roy Rodgers

Started by Reel 224, October 31, 2018, 12:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

The Paramount movie ranch was in the Santa Monica mountains behind Malibu. There were a lot of movie ranches in the back end of the San Fernando Valley above Chatsworth, Simi Valley, Santa Susana pass and mountains. Corriganville, Big Sky ranch (burned in 2003), Iverson ranch, Providencia and lots more. I had Cousins in Chatsworth and the Simi Valley so have visited some of these old movie sites.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Swami805

Thanks for that, that's the place I was thinking of.
I remember Chucko the birthday clown, sheriff john, capt kangaroo and hobo kelly. 3 channels all black and white. The 3 stooges were a houseold favorite.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Lunker Larry

Very entertaining and funny shows. Many that would not be allowed today. We watched the 3 Stooges and I don't think any of us grew up hitting each other with frying pans, nose bonks or pulling clumps of hair out of our friends.  :D
I do wonder about those cowboys looking so crisp and fresh with great hair cuts. Didn't know they had such good hairdressers and dry cleaners back then.  ;D
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Donnyboat

So Trigger has had the trigger pulled on him, good post Joe, thanks for this, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

dirtymm

I like the fast food chain when it was open. But does Roy Rodgers have anything even remotely to do with fishing that it deserves a post here ?

foakes

Quote from: dirtymm on July 12, 2019, 02:42:17 AM
I like the fast food chain when it was open. But does Roy Rodgers have anything even remotely to do with fishing that it deserves a post here ?

Probably not, mm —

But besides fishing, this site is about Life — helping others — sharing information and techniques and equipment, gaining skills, restoring and repairing, upgrading fishing tackle, and history...

So as long as it is appropriate for a 12 year old kid to see, and is not political or religious — there is no harm.

The age group of many of the fellows on here — will appreciate the nostalgia of earlier days.

Just my opinions.

No one needs to click on anything they do not want to see.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Decker

Quote from: George6308 on November 17, 2018, 03:47:36 AM
In Philly we had Capt Noah, Salley, Star, Gene London, Happy the Clown, Chief Halftown, Wee Willy Weber, Bernie The Bun Yup, Dr Shock, along with Popeye Theatre and the Three Stodges. All on black and white TV with only three channels. Lest I forget also Hoppy (Hop Along Cassidy) and the Long Ranger with Tonto along with other westerns..
Channel 10 at City & Monument also had a live western in the early 50's called "Action In The Afternoon".

I remember all of those well, George.   At age six, I was on the Sally Starr show, and danced on stage to "Bad Moon on the Rise."  /Joe

mo65

Quote from: Decker on July 12, 2019, 02:50:25 PM
   At age six, I was on the Sally Starr show, and danced on stage to "Bad Moon on the Rise."  /Joe

Who'd a thunk it...Joe...a TV star! ;)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Decker

Quote from: mo65 on July 12, 2019, 05:20:26 PM
   At age six, I was on the Sally Starr show, and danced on stage to "Bad Moon on the Rise."  /Joe

Who'd a thunk it...Joe...a TV star! ;)

My five minutes.... gone  and not available on VHS.  Unfortunately none of those kids are me, and my clothes were cooler. 

Funny, I remember the song so well because at the time I thought it said, "There's a bathroom on the right." :P   

George6308

Too bad cell phones and video games have replaced these children's shows.
Esta sas cesaway, oni tribal members.

Ron Jones

Quote from: dirtymm on July 12, 2019, 02:42:17 AM

Hang out here a bit, brother; you'll begin to understand the Ohana.

To many of us, fishing plays second fiddle around here.

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

dirtymm

It's all good, I'm not knocking anyone. I used to be a fishing animal when I was younger, no fun aloud, all business. I still want to be successful but do allow myself the occasional beer and honestly don't care if I catch fish or not. I enjoy the Florida sun and spending time w friends.

oc1

At age six, I was on the Sally Starr show, and danced on stage to "Bad Moon on the Rise."
Credence Clearwater about 1970.  It would be at least five years before a Credence Clearwater tune was fit for children to sing on TV.  You were six at the time......
Dang it Joe, you're not old enough to be here  :)
-steve

Ron Jones

Um, I wasn't born yet?
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"