alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial earthquake in California, are my ohana bros ok?
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
July 15, 2019, 08:47:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: earthquake in California, are my ohana bros ok?  (Read 515 times)
mikeysm

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2019, 07:02:31 PM »

I felt both quakes here in Atwater Ca. The clipboard on the wall at work started swinging. I hurried  up and checked online to see where it was.

Mike
SoCalAngler
SoCalAngler
Photo Group

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2019, 08:44:50 PM »

A slow long roller here in north OC. Maybe 15-20 seconds long and several neighbors came out of there house along with myself.

The strongest I felt was what they now call a 5.9 centered about 1/2 mile from my house. Truly violent, stuff falling off the walls. I lost one big screen TV, some dishes, picture frames and other stuff but no one hurt. Thank god.

It sounds like no one was seriously hurt in the last quake, but I have not been watching the news. I just pray everyone made it out ok.   
theswimmer

Sierra Nevada

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2019, 01:59:36 AM »

We felt both of the big quakes , I felt multiple aftershocks.
We still are experiencing aftershocks on a regular basis.
The first was what we call a shaker , fairly short duration , maybe 5-6 seconds .
Not too bad .
The second quake was much more serious , a long period " Roller " that had both myself and Miss Mari looking for the nearest doorway . We have no damage that I can find , but we are on  a post and frame foundation so the
 90 +/- yo cabin has been thru this before. Flexible has it's attributes.........
I'll check on Fred in the morning but I am sure he is OK . His house is much more modern and on flat ground unlike us on a pile of granite on the side of a hill ........

Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing.

Clark Gable
theswimmer

Sierra Nevada

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2019, 02:06:55 AM »

And we caught a ton of Blue Gill and Large Mouths with our son Dylan , Shorty and Miss Taylor from the Big Pond .
Also smoked ribs , chicken , watermelon , iced nectarines , potato salad ,fresh green salad from the garden.
And a few cans of Rolling Rock 💪 or 3 .
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 02:09:01 AM by theswimmer » Logged

Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing.

Clark Gable
foakes

Sierra National Forest

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2019, 06:39:36 AM »

We’re good, Jonathan —

We never felt either big quake?  And we are only a few hundred yards from your house...

Might have been driving, or watching Star Trek when Janeway was about to eject their warp core to save the ship from the Kazon.

Either way, no damage to either our house, or Voyager.

And all of the reel parts are still in their proper bins...

Best,

Fred
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 07:13:13 AM by foakes » Logged

“A Smooth Sea Never Made a Skillful Sailor”.

There are ten reasons to consider when choosing your next fishing reel.

The first is to pick a reel you like — The other nine reasons don’t matter.
Todd Jacobsen

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2019, 07:04:40 AM »

Glad to hear no major damage. I'm in the Central Valley just South of Sacramento. Lights swayed but no damage
theswimmer

Sierra Nevada

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2019, 02:51:24 PM »

Glad you all are ok Fred !
I just found a slipped  foundation post on the SW corner .
Still on the concrete piling but I will have to anchor it back down as it broke both bolts at the base.
All in all we came out OK given the magnitude.
Once again , God was watching us .....
Thank you Lord .
Best ,
JT

Clark Gable
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2019, 08:57:32 PM »

bryan and i were in cayucos, then went fishing on july 5th.  the earthquake likely shut down the rockcod bite.  it was really slow.  i saw the same thing with salmon fishing in the san francisco area years ago. 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: