50VSW help.... serial #F070399

Started by davidshelton, July 22, 2019, 01:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidshelton

I recently bought got a nice used 50VSW that had had very little maintenance so I decided to do a full tear down and rebuild. I did this over quite a few evenings after work and I forgot to take pictures thinking the schematic and other resources would do. But now I am close to finishing and I notice two "spare parts" that I can't find on the sxhematic a slim washer(shim?) and an o-ring. Where would they go?

davidshelton

I meant to add  pictures to the message but could not find how via Android and it took a while to work on my pc lol
The O-ring and the washer are in the centre of the pic. I put the other parts there for scale.

https://alantani.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=28767

alantani

the shim washer could be somewhere on the main gears.  the o-ring does not look familiar at all. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Penn

David,

The shim would have either went on the stud or on the inner drive plate.  I agree with Alan, the O-ring does not look familiar to the 50VSW.

tony

davidshelton

Yikes, don't know which reel is missing an O-ring now lol
Which part number would that shim be on the schematic or is it just a factory adjustment on assembly like with shimming the main gear of spinners?
I did notice before taking the reel apart agin that the spool would engage slightly when in free spool too...

Penn

davidshelton

Thanks for the help, guys. I'm going to tackle the this weekend.