Main Menu

Welcome

Started by Snookkatcher, July 28, 2019, 01:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snookkatcher

Hi from Palm Harbor, Fla! New member here, I've looked around for a while. I got some gr eat help regarding an old Newell reel ( P-440F) that I needed drag washers for...I searched 'Newell reels' looking to contact the Newell company, and found that they were out of business. Thru searches I found this site, and so glad I did! I got some washers and a couple other parts from a member on EBay, and working on it now.
This looks like a great community of serious fishermen and reel tinkerers and aficionados... I love it!
I'm 56, married and have fished since I was about 5 yrs old. 6th Generation Floridian, lived and fished here all my life, mainly saltwater inshore, flats, and more offshore bottom fishing lately in the Gulf of Mexico out of central west coast Fla. where I live. Inshore Snook fishing is my passion, but I'll fish for anything! I have been a kayak fisherman for 20+ years, but also fish from land ( beaches, bridges, wading ) and boat.
I'm a tackle geek, anything gear related interests me, and just getting into tackle/reel repair, tweaks, upgrades, etc., so I'll have a bunch of questions! I'll contribute anything I can to help others with their questions on general knowledge and Florida in particular. Glad to be aboard!
'This River don't go to Aintry....'

Crow

Sounds like you came to the "right place" !  Welcome !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

alantani

glad to have you here!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

bhale1

Welcome , enjoy your stay....
Brett

Tiddlerbasher

Hi and welcome aboard - Chris UK

AC49

Welcome from Cape Town South Africa  8)

Regards
AC49

Benni3

Welcome from salem Virginia,,,,,,, ;D

foakes

Welcome aboard, Snook!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

happyhooker

Greetings, Snooky, from Minnesota.

Frank

Bryan Young

Welcome. Don't hesitate to ask. I'm sure one of us can help.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D