349 "fer fishin' "

Started by Crow, July 13, 2019, 10:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

A while back, I was putting together a 349HC...."fer lookin' at", and Rudy came to my rescue with a few parts I was "short",that one went together with new asbestos (stock) drags.  At the same time Keta offered up a 349HC...."fer fishin' "!  I cleaned the old gal up, yesterday, and today, I installed carbon fiber drags (3 stack), and put it together. I eventually want to have a stainless sleeve, and dog....but for the "time being", I'm using the stock, brass ones. I guess the "brass" has caught tons of fish.....and I never seem to get any real big ones, anyway!  I have some line "lined up", and when I get it, this one should be ready for a test !
   As nice as this one cleaned up, makes me wonder if I'm "lookin' at" the wrong reel ! ;D Anyway, thanks , Lee !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

mo65

That 349 is a beast of a reel Crow...you'll love it. You gonna catfish it? There ain't a cat in the water that reel won't yank out...enjoy! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Crow

I'm *hoping* to yank some snappers and black drum off the gas rigs, off Mobile Bay !  Can't keep the snappers (out of season, when we're down there :'(), and the drum (of any size, anyway) are always "wormy".....but they really are fun to catch !!   You are onto something , though, Mo....currently (at least when "chores " allow), my "Flathead" reel is an old Pflueger Rocket ( I got my first one, new, in the early '60's), and it does a pretty good job......but, I'm sure the taller spool of the 49  / 349 would really get them out of the brush piles quick !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !