Grease Gun - Which one?

Started by Gobi King, July 15, 2019, 02:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

You are doing everything the right way, Gobi — I applaud that...

The procedure for most dealerships and lube joints — is pretty simple —

If a zerk is too tough to access — or they don't know where it is located — or it should have a fitting, and doesn't — just skip it and move on to the next vehicle.

The customer will never know — and if Murphy shows up some time down the road — the customer can just pull out their Credit Card — since we need to sell the parts in our parts department.

The most effective preventative maintenance — is preventative maintenance — just like we are taught on our fishing equipment.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Gobi King

I greased the ones I could reach with the grease gun, I need my 90 adapter to reach the rest, if I can't find the 90 adapter by this afternoon, I will pick up a new one. I am trying to avoid buying dup items but hey such is life.

I might have to add some lube to the drive shaft, not sure if it has grease zerks.

Also, I was peeking at the allison shift actuators, I might have to lube those too, not sure what kind of lube it takes.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan