Abu Mystery

Started by Brewskey, October 24, 2011, 03:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brewskey

I found an unusual Abu Garcia reel in a closet at my moms house recently. It looks like it spent a lot of time in the bed of someone's truck because most of the decals are rubbed off etc... Anyway I've never seen one quite like it before, it is wide compared to other Abu round baitcasters and it says "ambassadeur professional series" on the left side plate. I tried searching the foot number(050109/41) on the Abu-Garcia website to find the schematic but I'm not having any luck all other identification markings have been worn off. I don't have time to post a picture right now but does anyone think they may know what model ambassadeur this might be?

Ken_D

Hi. I suspect it's a one-piece frame, an "S" reel. It's one of the top 4 on this page,  It's a 30, 36, 56, or a 66 size. Sight unseen, I'd not know. You'll need to compare it to a round reel to get the size.  
http://www.abugarcia.com/support/reel-schematics?field_schem_numb_value=0501

Brewskey

Thanks Ken!
    Looks like its an S 6600CL

Bryan Young

Are you going to bless us with pics of your new discovery?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Brewskey

Quote from: Bryan Young on October 24, 2011, 06:16:58 AM
Are you going to bless us with pics of your new discovery?

Here it is, nothing fancy. Looks like it was rode hard and put up wet.... Sorry for the crappy iPhone picture.