Another fun day out on the pond

Started by gstours, July 16, 2019, 09:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

What's the northwest good for?  Rain, clouds, and once ina while some great fishing 🎣 and some solitude thrown in for free.   Not really,  we pay a high price for some peace and quiet 🤫 actually.
   Butt is it worth the price?  This picture is of a kid and a dad.   Both seem happy to pay the price.

Crow

That's one they will never forget !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

gstours

Another pick is shown. Sometimes it's just slow, and waiting means watching the clock.  Then you're wish comes true.  Fiss honn.🎣❤️🧜‍♀️🚣‍♀️🙋‍♂️.

Benni3

Monsters and your getting them,,,,,, :D fabulous job,,,,,, ;D

witty1

What's the average size butt you get?

Steve-O

Quote from: witty1 on July 17, 2019, 05:53:50 PM
What's the average size butt you get?

20 - 200 pounds! ;D ;) ;D

I fish up that way...well only once in Gary's turf....butt...21 more times just South of him.

It really is just up to what bites the bait.

Of course a really big bait keeps the chickens off the hook.

You really want to keep the 40-70 pounders for the good eating size. Toss the little ones back to grow up and anything over a hundred will be a Girl so toss her back to make more.

Okay Gary, set me straight before someone thinks my reply is on the mark. ::)

gstours

Sorry to be so late in a reply.  Seems like I was out of reception for a few daze,  no media to befuddle through.   Butt thats good.
      As to the question of what you catch is sometimes a guessing game,  yes.   There are more juveniles than adults generally.
       Thats why they call it fishing.  Some areas are really loaded with small fish,  its fun to catch 20-30 in a day,  butt the medium size fish are usually what people prefer.  I cant see killing the small ones myself,  unless your starving.
   like Steevee,o said bigger baits generally keep the bigger fish interested.  Butt the small ones will pick on it untill theres nothing left.
an entire pink salmon carcass makes a good bait for the larger ones you want to photograph and release.   These are fun fish for sure.
    Heres a couple of big fish pictures I took recently while out fishing halibut.    Some reel line spoolers here ::)

Steve-O

Too funny, Gary!!! :D ;D :D ;D

Were you using the Zebco Special reel to horse those big boys to the surface for the pics?  ;) :D