Shimano Antares Version 2 side plate removal question.

Started by ShadowCaster, July 18, 2019, 11:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowCaster

Hi, I was trying to take apart my Antares Ver2 to service the drag washer.  The reel drag is getting to be a bit jerky.  Taking apart the top front plate and handle was ok.  But I got stuck in removing the final screw to release the right side plate.  The screw is semi-hidden under the bottom front plate (see 2nd photo below).  Normal screw driver cannot get to it.  There appear to be a small hole on the opposite side of the reel frame to allow a long shart screwdriver to reach the screw, but that hole is partially blocked by the left side plate.  I tried removing the left side plate but could not find any screw or c-clip to release it from the mounting.  Is there a special Shimano tool required to do this?  Am I missing a step somewhere?  Any advise would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Zimbass

The left side plate needs to be removed. There is an E clip on the shaft going thru to the right side that must be removed, allowing the shaft to come away. Then you can access the screw with a long shaft 00 Philips head.

This tutorial may be useful      https://www.2coolfishing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253235

Cheers.

Terry.
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.