alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Shimano Antares Version 2 side plate removal question.
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
October 19, 2019, 04:38:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shimano Antares Version 2 side plate removal question.  (Read 140 times)
ShadowCaster

« on: July 18, 2019, 03:30:35 AM »

Hi, I was trying to take apart my Antares Ver2 to service the drag washer.  The reel drag is getting to be a bit jerky.  Taking apart the top front plate and handle was ok.  But I got stuck in removing the final screw to release the right side plate.  The screw is semi-hidden under the bottom front plate (see 2nd photo below).  Normal screw driver cannot get to it.  There appear to be a small hole on the opposite side of the reel frame to allow a long shart screwdriver to reach the screw, but that hole is partially blocked by the left side plate.  I tried removing the left side plate but could not find any screw or c-clip to release it from the mounting.  Is there a special Shimano tool required to do this?  Am I missing a step somewhere?  Any advise would be appreciated.  Thanks.

* Antares 1.JPG (119.36 KB, 640x480 - viewed 15 times.)

* Antares 2.png (4057.81 KB, 2880x1800 - viewed 19 times.)
Zimbass

Zimbabwe... the real Africa.

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 04:41:21 AM »

The left side plate needs to be removed. There is an E clip on the shaft going thru to the right side that must be removed, allowing the shaft to come away. Then you can access the screw with a long shaft 00 Philips head.

This tutorial may be useful      https://www.2coolfishing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253235

Cheers.

Terry.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 05:02:37 AM by Zimbass » Logged

Never was so much owed by so many to so few.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: