Okuma Andros 16IIa

Started by Reelmeneer, August 26, 2019, 04:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reelmeneer

Hi friends,

Today i received a new, doa Okuma Andros 16IIa. Lucky enough I bought it for 30 euro's, in my opinion a bargain for this reel. I new there was a problem with the anti-reverse, but hey... that did not sound like a problem. My guess is that the anti-reverse dogs has come loose.

First problem though... How do I remove te handle etc from the one part-frame? Took out the size 10 torkx bolds from the sideplate and lever drag but could not see how to remove the handle to remove the side plate?

Please? Can someone help me with this? Also looking for the exploded view cq partslist for this reel.

Thank you!

Regards, Ed

steelfish

Quote from: Reelmeneer on August 26, 2019, 04:46:40 PM
Hi friends,

I new there was a problem with the anti-reverse, but hey... that did not sound like a problem. My guess is that the anti-reverse dogs has come loose.

First problem though... 

Thank you! Regards, Ed

too many problems with the reel already, I can give you $40 euros for it ... just to have it for donor of parts   ;D ;D ::) ::)  let me know.

The Baja Guy

jcberg

Here's the schematic.

https://www.okumafishing.com/Templates/att/A-16IIa-Parts-list.pdf

The two-speed button assembly looks similar to the one in this thread, did you have a look?

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1624.0

boon

Quote from: Reelmeneer on August 26, 2019, 04:46:40 PM
Hi friends,

Today i received a new, doa Okuma Andros 16IIa. Lucky enough I bought it for 30 euro's, in my opinion a bargain for this reel. I new there was a problem with the anti-reverse, but hey... that did not sound like a problem. My guess is that the anti-reverse dogs has come loose.

First problem though... How do I remove te handle etc from the one part-frame? Took out the size 10 torkx bolds from the sideplate and lever drag but could not see how to remove the handle to remove the side plate?

Please? Can someone help me with this? Also looking for the exploded view cq partslist for this reel.

Thank you!

Regards, Ed

The sideplate will come off with the handle still attached. Once you've taken the screws out of the sideplate the entire spool + shaft + right side plate should pull out of the frame.
The handle, if it's anything like all the other Okumas I've played with, has a reverse-thread nut and then the handle itself is threaded onto the end of the driveshaft.

Annoyingly what tends to happen with these reels is that the anti-reverse ratchet sticks to the drive adaptor instead of staying with the pinion gears, and when you pull the spool/shaft assembly off the sideplate it bends the ears out on the antireverse dogs.

Reelmeneer

Thanks so far for the reactions guys, again I will give it a try. I will keep you informed!

Again, thank you very much!

Kind regards,

Ed

Tiddlerbasher

I don't know the 16 but the andros 5 complete sideplate twists off after removing the torx screw :-\

Reelmeneer

Thanks again! And yes, I had to twist the sideplate with the handle on. Found out the two anti-reverse dogs were not in the right position. Replacing them and twisting the sideplate back was not the easiest job but I managed to do.

Reel is running as smooth as it should be and anti-reverse works top!

Thank you guys!!!

Tight lines from the Netherlands,

Ed