2019 ReelSpeed Miniature Bearing Puller Kit V.3

Started by Cadman, July 24, 2019, 01:18:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadman

Hey Guys,
    Mysteriously 7 months later I got an e-mail from Aaron the guy who owns Reel Speed Products. He is now selling his version 3 bearing puller. I don't know if I can post info about him here, as I know that there was a problem in the past. Anyway, the kit now is $285.00 If you want more info PM me and I will forward his info . Alan if I can post it here, please let me know and I will. I think it is a little too pricey, he went from $250 to $285 for the bearing puller and 11 tips.

alantani

aaron is no longer allowed to post here for good reason, but i do not mind this post being here.  as a matter of fact, i wish to thank you for bringing this up.  knowing aaron, it is an excellent product.  the problem with him was well known.  there were several complaints of him accepting funds and then never shipping for a really, really long time.  i am hoping that he is more organized now.  i knew that he was going through a really rough patch at the time, but i made a decision back then and i think it is still a valid decision now.  i do not want this site directly associated with him.  indirectly is another matter.  a simple google search of this title will get you all the information you need to find the product and evaluate it for yourself.  what you posted should be sufficient.  i wish you, and aaron, only the best of luck!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Cadman

Quote from: alantani on July 24, 2019, 01:44:16 AM
aaron is no longer allowed to post here for good reason, but i do not mind this post being here.  as a matter of fact, i wish to thank you for bringing this up.  knowing aaron, it is an excellent product.  the problem with him was well known.  there were several complaints of him accepting funds and then never shipping for a really, really long time.  i am hoping that he is more organized now.  i knew that he was going through a really rough patch at the time, but i made a decision back then and i think it is still a valid decision now.  i do not want this site directly associated with him.  indirectly is another matter.  a simple google search of this title will get you all the information you need to find the product and evaluate it for yourself.  what you posted should be sufficient.  i wish you, and aaron, only the best of luck!  alan

Alan,
  I have no affiliation with him and am not interested in purchasing his product ( although it looks well made). What irritated me the most about him was, that I asked him several times about his product via e-mails,his dad and phone calls. He never replied either by phone or e-mail, and now all of a sudden decides to contact me. That to me shows poor businessman-ship, and I have the same feelings you do about him. Alan,Thank You for your input.

mo65

I wish someone reputable like Tom Hryniuk or Alan Chui would make these pullers...then I'd be in line for a set. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

alantani

Quote from: Cadman on July 24, 2019, 02:12:06 AM
Alan,
  I have no affiliation with him and am not interested in purchasing his product ( although it looks well made). What irritated me the most about him was, that I asked him several times about his product via e-mails,his dad and phone calls. He never replied either by phone or e-mail, and now all of a sudden decides to contact me. That to me shows poor businessman-ship, and I have the same feelings you do about him. Alan,Thank You for your input.

of course.  your intentions were never a question. 

as far as his business goes, part of me really understands.  i've been behind the 8 ball before (actually still am) and i know what it's like.  to varying degrees, we're all just doing the best we can.  and then there is this......

Quote"Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way he can't do anything to you because you're a mile away and you've got his shoes.".

Alto Mare

Quote from: alantani on July 24, 2019, 05:24:33 AM

"Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way he can't do anything to you because you're a mile away and you've got his shoes."

:D :D :D...
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

reel bob

Does anyone have his email or phone number? purchased a replacement part and haven't seen it  >:(

Bryan Young

I think you contact them via the ReelSpeed website.

Aaron is a great guy personally. I like him.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Redzwulf

Ordered a set earlier this year never seen it, never was able to contact him, no replies to email.  Got my money back via Paypal Dispute resolution.

His dad was unhelpful and just kept saying he had nothing to do with his son's business yet pimps it on his site.

Only way I would buy another is if he shipped it to me first.

Buyer Beware.

reel bob

I am in need of a miniature bearing puller kit...any ideas where i can get one?

alantani

you'll have to find him using google.  past difficulties have been well described.  good luck. 

reel bob

Is he the only game in town or are there other options?

alantani

this is going to be almost no help at all to you, but here goes.....

there is just no easy way around this problem.  for an internal bearing puller, aaron's is the best one.  in putting together a set, you have to get down to 3mm and that's really small!!!!  it's too easy to damage the bit.  also, the plunger is so small that when you screw it in, it might actually bend the tip or punch through the plastic or aluminum side plate.  

most of us that have done this over the years have developed little tricks to get these out - a series of simple flat stainless steel blades that are bent at a right angle of different sizes to dig in under the bering and get some side-to-side crowbar action to lift it up, just a shaft with tight fit to rock the bearing back and forth, a dremel to cut a slot in the top of the outside race and a spanner blade to twist the outside wrench like a screw and and  a screwdriver to loosen the outside race, and, the nuclear option, a propane torch.  add in 20 minutes of cussing and these bearings will usually give.  or not.........   :-\

reel bob

Alan
     Thanx for your input...do you have any pics? of said...flat stainless steel blades that are bent at a right angle of different sizes to dig in under the bearing and get some side-to-side crowbar action to lift it up

alantani