Tranx Modification

Started by Lunker Larry, April 08, 2020, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

Thought this might be useful for the kayakers or maybe surf fishers to not loose your side plate or drop it in the sand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psY9nc0Rze4&feature=youtu.be
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Leerie18

Useful indeed. The 500HG sideplate remains connected by a bar with a tension spring (shown in the pic below) and then an e-clip on the opposite side of the frame.
During a COVID-19 prescribed reel service weekend (we are presently on full lockdown), I am now missing my one reel's e-clip that flicked off like a mini frisbee and flew away into that mystical place where all missing reel parts are never found! ... so I am now at risk of the side plate falling off. Will try your solution until I can source the replacement part. That is if we are let out to play anytime soon.
Thanks!
LBG addict!

mo65

Quote from: Leerie18 on April 08, 2020, 05:15:34 PM
I am now missing my one reel's e-clip that flicked off like a mini frisbee and flew away into that mystical place where all missing reel parts are never found!

The worst part about this, is we even anticipate it, prying slowly and praying. Something I've found that helps a lot is dabbing a bit of heavy grease on the e-clip before trying to remove it. That seems to deter flight. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Leerie18

That is what really BITES me about losing e-clips...we anticipate it... we KNOW what is coming!
Thanks mo65, will apply your solution as well - this is turning out to be a great thread for me, thanks Lunker Larry!
LBG addict!

Cor

Looks like a pretty foolproof fix!   I probably have one to lend you, but you will have to get me a new one sometime as they are  difficult to obtain here.

You will have to send a drone to fetch it though.....if that is allowed
Cornelis

zoner

When I'm concerned about parts flying away i use a large ziploc bag. Put the reel,your hands, and the tools you need in the bag and do the disassembly. The part still will likely fly but it'll be in the bag