Diawa Sealine 600H

Started by Donnyboat, July 25, 2019, 07:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Hi every one hope your all keeping well & catching fish, I managed to get some rods & reel on the weekend, there is a 600H, that was not getting any free spool, I stripped it & placed it back together several times, but still not getting any free spool, I have the eccentric turning freely, with the eccentric spring, placed in the groove closest to the coil in the spring, the face plate does have two groove, were the spring could be placed,
     The eccentric Jack does not have a part number on it, maybe this one is for a 400H, the opening on this Jack that should slide around the pinion is 13.70 mm, & the thickness of the Jack is 1.70mm,
       The chrome or SS ring on the pinion is 14mm & the cut away of the pinion on either side of the pinion below the ring is 11.20mm the drive part of the pinion is 14.33mm.
       The pinion yoke has a slanted edge on the bottom closest to the bridge plate,so the eccentric jack should slide under it okay.
       I read in another post here that Alan commented that the eccentric Jack can develop a bow in it, I have checked that with a straight edge, all good.
       I can send some photos in a day or two, the eccentric is in the correct way I am sure.
       Has anyone else had this trouble, cheers for now Don.

Don, or donnyboat

El Pescador

Don asked me to post these photos for your viewing, Don take it from here!!!

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Porthos

The eccentric jack is deformed. You need a new 041-4701.

https://www.mikesreelrepair.com/content/schematics/600H.pdf

Here's what it should look like:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DAIWA-CONVENTIONAL-REEL-PART-041-4701-Sealine-600H-1-Eccentric-Jack/303218462289?hash=item46993a8e51:g:VfAAAOSwiQ9dJL40

Call up Daiwa and get one from them...they may even send you one gratis. YMMV.

Donnyboat

Thanks Wayne, for placing the photos here for me, got me beat why Jennifer recons you useless, Porthos, thanks for your comments, much appreciated, the eccentric Jack, was quite rough near the entrance, that slides around the top of the pinion, near the ss ring, I have filed it, also that area of the pinion, then smoothed it with wet & dry cloth, it seems to be working okay now, maybe I was not puting enough presure on the essentric lever, more weeties ay, anyway I am quite happy with it now, & considering I brought 8 rods & reels for AUD 120.00, that included the 600H & a Penn longbeach 68, also a sea Martin reel, pluss some quite smooth spinners, I am very happy, I have place 100Lbs jigging braid on the 600H, about 500M, cheers Don. thanks again Wayne.
Don, or donnyboat

El Pescador

Don,

My pleasure,
Anytime you need photos posted, please send them my way.

I'm here to help.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Porthos

Quote from: Donnyboat on July 26, 2019, 04:20:54 PM...for AUD 120.00, that included the 600H...

Oh...AUD...no point in calling Daiwa USA. Glad everything worked out.