Homemade Kastmaster

Started by oc1, July 26, 2019, 11:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Quote from: oc1 on August 16, 2019, 05:20:18 AM
.......They change sex in mid-life and this one is male already.

I though that was only a "thing" with the humans  :D :D ;D
The Baja Guy

oc1

You're a funny dude Alex.

Chad, that's a Langley Target and they come out of gear.  You pull the handle outward and the main gear moves away from the pinion.  Sort of like the Penn 15.

Nelz, there are no ads, but you must have a pop-up blocker that prevents a larger version of the photo from coming up when you click on it.  They are not hosted on AT.  I don't know how to fix that.  As a work-around, you can right click on the photo, then click "properties" at the bottom of the list, then cut and paste the URL address into a new window.  You will get the full size photo then, but it is probably not worth the effort.
-steve

nelz

No need for all that Steve, I just pause the ad-blocker and then they appear.

xjchad

Quote from: oc1 on August 16, 2019, 06:34:22 PM

Chad, that's a Langley Target and they come out of gear.  You pull the handle outward and the main gear moves away from the pinion.  Sort of like the Penn 15.

Ah, ok.
I now remember you mentioning that previously, thanks!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

retrofit

Quote from: Rivverrat on August 03, 2019, 02:56:23 PM
St. Croix does have some nice rods. I'm really liking this one of Steve's. It's sad that St. Croix no longer provides blanks for rod builders. Steve I'm really liking the idea of this knuckle buster. I've been meaning for some time to get another knuckle buster to fish on the river.

I was just on the St Croix website and they still do sell rod blanks. It's hard to find but once on their site search for rod blanks. Blanks are now sold exclusively through a distributor called Rod Geeks.