alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Torque 12 Star Drag arrived today
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
September 15, 2019, 04:17:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Torque 12 Star Drag arrived today  (Read 1372 times)
Rivverrat

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2019, 08:49:04 AM »

Ruben, I also fish a couple of my Torques most every day. These are my go to reels when a rod is fished in hand. I wholeheartedly believe this issue can be solved with out using tape, glue or any other approach of this type.

More info is needed to move in that direction. Be good to know if you adjust spool tension when fishing ?  ... Jeff 

Decker

One fish, two fish, redfish, bluefish.

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2019, 09:43:50 AM »

So the new Penn Star Drag Torque arrived this week and I ran down to the tackle shop (shout out to Stretch at Stella Maris in Sheepshead Bay) and we loaded it up with 150 Yards of 40 pound yellow power pro braid.  I ran to the boat and tried it out on a Sea Bass and Porgy run.

What boat do you like on Sheepshead Bay?   I went out on the Marilyn Jean last year.   It is surprisingly close to the northern Philly suburbs.   The fishery is a little different from central and southern Jersey, which I fish more.
mrbrklyn

GNU/Linux User

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2019, 11:08:05 AM »

Ruben, I also fish a couple of my Torques most every day. These are my go to reels when a rod is fished in hand. I wholeheartedly believe this issue can be solved with out using tape, glue or any other approach of this type.

More info is needed to move in that direction. Be good to know if you adjust spool tension when fishing ?  ... Jeff 

I don't adjust it or change it... really ever.

mrbrklyn

GNU/Linux User

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2019, 11:09:32 AM »

So the new Penn Star Drag Torque arrived this week and I ran down to the tackle shop (shout out to Stretch at Stella Maris in Sheepshead Bay) and we loaded it up with 150 Yards of 40 pound yellow power pro braid.  I ran to the boat and tried it out on a Sea Bass and Porgy run.

What boat do you like on Sheepshead Bay?   I went out on the Marilyn Jean last year.   It is surprisingly close to the northern Philly suburbs.   The fishery is a little different from central and southern Jersey, which I fish more.

The MJV now.  It was only the MJ IV before.  They don't go that far south... down to Snake River MAX, and more often they go east.

Rivverrat

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2019, 12:18:08 PM »

I don't adjust it or change it... really ever.

OK I'm completely stymied... Jeff
mrbrklyn

GNU/Linux User

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2019, 12:43:46 PM »

I do go down to Belmar in winter on Jersey Transit and sleep over in the hotel across from the docks.

Decker

One fish, two fish, redfish, bluefish.

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2019, 06:02:30 PM »

I had a great experience a couple weeks ago on the Big Mohawk in Belmar. Very profesional and friendly crew and we managed to nail some big fluke.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: