New Custom UC Rail Rods by: Jeff, aka "Rivverrat"

Started by Darin Crofton, August 01, 2019, 06:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darin Crofton

Hey Gang,
Big shout out to Jeff, aka "Rivverrat", for making me some amazing rods, his craftsmanship is outstanding!
I asked him if he would make me some rail rods after seeing the Boss mention them a few times. I picked
a United Composites Viper RCX76 VIPER and a UC RCX76 CENTAUR and Jeff went to work. He sent me a few
teaser photos along the way and I was chompin' at the bit! When they arrived in a very well packaged pvc
container with Charkbait rod protectors, I was ecstatic to finally get my hands on them, and I was blown
away! My first impression was one of surprise at the beauty of the custom wrap and attention to detail on
the finishing touches! I will post again once I get them on the water and hopefully put some heat on these
bad boys. Thank you, Jeff, for not only some killer rods, but more than that the friendship we now have from
all the many phone calls we had about them and life in general! I highly recommend Jeff to anyone looking
for some custom rods!!!
Darin
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

steelfish

wow.. simple amazing work from Jeff
the components of choice are top class

pretty sure those rods will give you some trophy fish pretty soon.
The Baja Guy

mo65

They look awesome Darin! I'm excited to see how great they look, as Jeff is working on a catfishing rod for me. He's a stickler for perfection...not only in his personal equipment...but also in what he builds for others. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Newell Nut

Very nice work. You will enjoy them for many years.

Dwight

foakes

Thanks for sharing, Darin!

Those rods check all the boxes — no shortcuts in workmanship, materials, strength, and good looks!

Impressive, Jeff!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

wfjord

Super nice work and extraordinary attention to detail... as pretty as a fishing rod can get.

Rivverrat

Thank You Darin & to all the rest of you.  This is something I love doing. However beyond making the rod look nice, more than anything this is very important, I want the rod to fit person using it, while at the same time working well for the specific intended purpose. I am still learning this craft. I always will be. I fully intend to always be progressing, getting better at something I love doing.

While I will build on most any blank I like using United Composites for my builds. They have some rod blanks that are not equaled by any other maker. They are completely made here in the US. Randy Penny the owner & rod blank designer has become some one I'm quite fond of.  

A custom rod is not cheap. I am mindful of this. But at the same time I think every avid fisherman needs at least one that exceeds expectations in how it looks & more importantly how it performs... Jeff

Brewcrafter

Donnyboat

Great work Jeff, you should be one happy man Darin, hope you get plenty fish with them, & thanks for showing us, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

oldmanjoe

Quote from: Rivverrat on August 01, 2019, 11:49:06 PM

A custom rod is not cheap. I am mindful of this. But at the same time I think every avid fisherman needs at least one that exceeds expectations in how it looks & more importantly how it performs... Jeff
No truer words have been spoken .        A good stick is like the best dance partner you ever had.   Beautiful work...
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

oc1

Tiddlerbasher

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Gobi King

Nice, Jeff well done, those are work of art.

Tell us more about the guides and other parts please.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan