Stesa Panchetta

Started by mikeysm, August 02, 2019, 03:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeysm

I just took a stesa panchetta  out of its black vacuum sealed bag . It was curing for over six months. I washed and soaked it. Then covered it with crushed red pepper and black pepper. Now into the curing chamber for several weeks until it's ready to eat.

Mike

ChileRelleno

Watching with great interest.
I love the art of charcuterie, great respect to those with the time, space and patience.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Bryan Young

Mike,

Your creations are amazingly delicious!!!

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

mikeysm

Alan has a sample of the last one I did at home in his fridge. This one is in the curing chamber for a few weeks. I will post pics when it comes out.

Mike

theswimmer

Crazy mad skills !
I have hoarded four of the meat sticks you gave me , each vacume sealed in their own pack in the fridge .
For special occasions only!
Best,
Jonathan
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn