Your All Welcome To Come

Started by SoCalAngler, August 03, 2019, 04:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

Just finalized the dates I will be down in Loreto again. This time I'll be with my son, his wife, my grandson and my nephew. We will be there Oct. 22nd and they will fly out the 26th. Way to short IMO but I will stay longer and drive my truck back after they leave.

So if you plan to be in the Loreto area at that time please let me know. Dinner and cocktails are on me. I will be staying about 15 miles south of town at my place in Puerto Escondido. We could have dinner at my place or somewhere in town. If you don't want to get a rental car no problem as I could either pick you up and drive you to my place or take you in town for dinner.

If you have never been to Loreto in mid Oct is a great time to visit, probably my most favorite time .

Come and join the fun and hope to see you there.

alantani

Our spirit of Adventure trip is around the same time,  but thanks for the invitation.  Sounds like a great time!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

SoCalAngler

Quote from: alantani on August 03, 2019, 02:01:42 PM
Our spirit of Adventure trip is around the same time,  but thanks for the invitation.  Sounds like a great time!

Yes it is around the same time and that is the main reason I never tried to jump on one of your SOA trips in Oct. But, if any others that can't get on the SOA and still want to fish a IMO somewhat exotic location, you may want to check out Loreto.

The Cedros trip sounds great also and I hope everyone gets a fish of a lifetime on that trip. There was talk about Calico's on the Cedros thread. Just imagine catching one that goes 15- 20 lbs or larger. In Loreto the Cabrilla get that big easily and by catching both Cabrilla and Calico's all I can say is that they fight pretty much the same, and many times the same tactics are used.

This is the first time I'm flying from Tijuana to Loreto though I know many that have done it that live down there, my sister, mom, nephew, his wife and my great nephew did it last time with great success. The cost this time for 4 going from TJ to Loreto and 3 coming back from Loreto to TJ is right around the same cost for myself only flying from LAX to Loreto round trip. Man what a deal. I see many more family trips in the future.

Rivverrat

I wish I could take you up on that offer. Never been there. A friend goes every year & loves it... Jeff

swill88

That just may work out for me Mark.
Let's say I'm working on it.
Steve

SoCalAngler

Hope you can make it.

Let me clear something up when I say Cabrilla can and do get over 15-20 lbs not many in the 20 lb and over range are caught.

In Oct. dorado, sailfish , marlin, pargo and grouper should be the main targets. There is a chance at yellowtail but most likely the water will be to hot and they will be to deep to reach.

SoCalAngler

Got just a bit more inside info from Rick Hill.

Anybody that follows Baja Byets which is posted for the insider look at Baja knows...well many things may be left out or not be talked about.

Shhh. 48 " dorado should go about 20 lbs. Maybe kind of small for local standards but the influx of those usually means larger are to follow.

A lot of big money tourneys are there now so mum is the word but Oct is shaping up to be what I was looking for.

From Rick Hill, a guy that I have fished at least 20 times with and we show each other how to catch these things.

This week we had a complete mini-taste of what Baja is all about in the middle of summer, and just in time for the state-sponsored sport fishing finals being held in Loreto.

Some days the sun was boiling hot with the rest being overcast, looking like a hurricane was coming up from Cabo.
The brightest news is the sudden appearance of 48-inch dorado in big numbers!

I've been sworn to secrecy about where the current bite has been happening. All I can say is they are all within our local panga's normal fishing zone.

Tip #1: A little split-shot sinker near the swivel will get your sardina past the surface little dodos and into the big fish zone below.

The other important tip I received was to be patient when you see fish and wait for them to come to the dinner table. Many boats will zoom in, and if they don't get bit within five minutes, they blast off to another patch of water.

Tournaments can get a little crazy, especially a multi-event final. A couple of our fishing trips reported seeing some man-made FAD's floating out in the current lines. Maybe someone is increasing their chances of finding fish under their floating junk collections?

The hot summer sun and the call of big money prizes can drive fishermen crazy — and more crazy...Rick Hill

Fishy247

SoCalAngler

The group just grew by 2 more. Hope to see you there or on the flight.

swill88

I had plans to be in Loreto October 15th and stay for a month.

Scratch.

My brother needed emergency surgery for a diabetic foot infection.  We take care of each other.

Maybe late spring?

steve

SoCalAngler

Quote from: swill88 on September 17, 2019, 09:47:52 PM
I had plans to be in Loreto October 15th and stay for a month.

Scratch.

My brother needed emergency surgery for a diabetic foot infection.  We take care of each other.

Maybe late spring?

steve

First and foremost I hope your brother recovers well. Sorry to hear this.

It would of been nice to meet you Steve. If things happen to change where you do come down give me a heads up.

May and early June can be good on the YT but wind can be a issue. This time of year you must be flexible on the days you want to fish.

Dominick

Quote from: SoCalAngler on August 03, 2019, 04:25:25 AM
Just finalized the dates I will be down in Loreto again. This time I'll be with my son, his wife, my grandson and my nephew. We will be there Oct. 22nd and they will fly out the 26th. Way to short IMO but I will stay longer and drive my truck back after they leave.

So if you plan to be in the Loreto area at that time please let me know. Dinner and cocktails are on me. I will be staying about 15 miles south of town at my place in Puerto Escondido. We could have dinner at my place or somewhere in town. If you don't want to get a rental car no problem as I could either pick you up and drive you to my place or take you in town for dinner.

If you have never been to Loreto in mid Oct is a great time to visit, probably my most favorite time .

Come and join the fun and hope to see you there.

My trip to Los Cabos is fizzing out, so I might take you up on that invite.  PM me your phone contact.  Do you plan to fish a tourney?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.