D.A.M. Quick 330N Spool

Started by Ncele, August 03, 2019, 11:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ncele

I came into possession of a D.A.M. Quick 330N. It is in great shape, except for the spool. It is split horizontally, right though the middle. I tried epoxy, but it did not hold. Even if I do get it together, I would still like to replace it, or have a backup. The one I have in not metal.

Thanks,

Rivverrat

I don't have any spares for that model. If no one else does there are plenty of 330N's selling on ebay for good prices... Jeff

Gfish

Not real familiar with that spool, but if you could somehow countersink 3 screws vertically into it, that might get it.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Ncele

Thanks for the ideas.
(1) I just purchased one from eBay, it at least will be for parts, or a good second reel.
(2) I have a drill press and the skill to 3 screws through the spool.

;D

Gfish

Cool, show us a picture if you are able. Wow, I had an Idea that might work. Not much in the way of skill for me though.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

happyhooker

Greetings, ncele, from Minnesota USA.  Good reel; keep after it & get 'er right again.

Frank

Midway Tommy

Try Greg's idea if there is enough plastic stock between the drag recess and the spool edge. I have yet to find any glue, even under moderate pressure, that will hold a cracked or broken spool. I have used nylon Chicago type screws counter sunk into the under side of the spool and exposed on top using five or six bolts with the bolts pillared on the outside of the spool center. It works similar to a spool arbor. The early Cap spools were pillared instead of having a solid center so the fix I explained is not that much different than those old Cap spools. Line will spool around them just fine. Since they are nylon they'll be easy on your line. You'll need some glue, though, to keep both halves in the correct position to drill the holes for the posts/pillars.   
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)