Storage?

Started by RamseyReelRepair, August 04, 2019, 01:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RamseyReelRepair

Hey guys sorry its been so long since ive been on. Its been crazy!!! We went to iCast and had a blast and i've been covered up with reels which is a good problem to have! I currently have 16 customer reels on my workbench and im curious if anyone has suggstions on how to sort and store parts and bearings without taking up a ton of space? Ive seen freds workshop and like it but am looking for other ideas too. Who knew on my one year anniversary of starting my reel repair business i'd have 16 reels at one time?! I thank you all for that as you are always there when i need something or have questions. And thank you Alan for all you do and give to us.

Thanks
West
Check out the website and gallery!
😎http://www.ramseyreelrepair.com😎

foakes

For me, the parts are just sorted into manufacturers — then part numbers.

The reels that I specialize in are the only parts I keep in the main upstairs shop —

DAM Quick, Mitchell, Penn, ABU, Cardinals, plus some Daiwa, Zebco, Shimano, and Newell.

Everything else goes in the outer shop and storage container.

Just plastic storage boxes and organizers for small parts.

There are some drawers with the tried and true envelope numbering system for Mitchell, ABU, and Penn.

Don't try to store everything close to your work — just the main reel parts you need on a regular basis.

Just my 2 cents.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

oc1

Plano boxes.  There's a million of them.  Label the end of the box and start stacking them.  Cheap, easy, versatile, small footprint.
-steve

Gfish

Yeah, best IMO to make use of your wall space. An easy cheap one, would be a narrow 2nd hand book stand with little containers a some kind.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

George6308

I have been trying to find an Anko type bin that fits number 6 (six) or 7 (seven) coin envelopes. Penn uses them to hold parts. The Anko bins are not wide enough.
Harbor Freight's blue bins do fit the envelopes but are too short, I would like a longer bin.
I keep my Penn part supply in two groups in order  by their part number. One for spinning Reels and the other for conventional parts.

RamseyReelRepair

Quote from: foakes on August 04, 2019, 01:57:37 AM
For me, the parts are just sorted into manufacturers — then part numbers.

The reels that I specialize in are the only parts I keep in the main upstairs shop —

DAM Quick, Mitchell, Penn, ABU, Cardinals, plus some Daiwa, Zebco, Shimano, and Newell.

Everything else goes in the outer shop and storage container.

Just plastic storage boxes and organizers for small parts.

There are some drawers with the tried and true envelope numbering system for Mitchell, ABU, and Penn.

Don't try to store everything close to your work — just the main reel parts you need on a regular basis.

Just my 2 cents.

Best,

Fred

Thanks for the tips Fred I appreciate that. I think one problem is that i have been trying to keep everything close. Also Steve and Gfish thanks I agree about the wall space and Plano boxes. I'll keep looking too and see if I come up with anything else and then when I get more towards my final setup I'll Post some pics for you guys.

Thanks

West
Check out the website and gallery!
😎http://www.ramseyreelrepair.com😎