Mitchell Garcia 302 Spool Screw

Started by Gfish, August 11, 2019, 05:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Note: the drag stack is as I first removed it. But there is one eared washer outta place; the one in the middle of all the others, belongs on the right end as it goes into the spool first. 

The "star type washer" is a keyed clicker and the eared spring lookin washer next to it is actually the click pawl. This should be fun to play around with when I get some 6-155's. I think I might be able to get ridda the keyed washer all by itself on the left side...
Also that eared-spring-click-pawl washer keeps the spool from turning backwards. Why?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Gfish on August 13, 2019, 08:14:54 AM
Also that eared-spring-click-pawl washer keeps the spool from turning backwards. Why?

Most of the older style reels had a click & dog system, especially those incorporated one way or another into the spool, so that there is some sort of stopping device to keep it from spinning backwards. It generally makes the drag and anti-reverse function more efficiently with out wedging or getting bound up.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)