alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Any albacore reports ??
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
August 23, 2019, 03:09:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any albacore reports ??  (Read 266 times)
Maxed Out
Keep Clam !!
Sensei

« on: August 11, 2019, 10:02:03 PM »

Hopping on my usual charter boat this week and haven't heard or read any reports. I've heard rumors of them being as close as 15 miles off parts of Oregon coast, and very close to north tip of Vancouver island.

Anyone in California getting albacore ??

Thanks, Ted
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 10:02:43 PM by Maxed Out » Logged

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!
Vintage Offshore Tackle
Photo Group

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 10:11:34 PM »

Ted, I saw a sport boat albacore count for Fort Bragg or Eureka or somewhere up there yesterday on sportfishingreport.com.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 07:23:36 AM by Vintage Offshore Tackle » Logged
Swami805

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 04:53:14 AM »

A lot of reports of good fishing up there on bloody decks. Fish are closer than the last few years too. From northern cali up to your area. A few bluefin and a couple marlin too. Looking good Ted
Hardy Boy
Firearms Group

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 07:11:27 AM »

Lots of reports of them off of Vancouver island. A buddy got some and saw a picture of a boat with a pile.

Cheers:

todd

Todd
Maxed Out
Keep Clam !!
Sensei

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 07:21:59 AM »

.....and of course it's forecast to blow on the day of the charter. Had the same bad luck last year on weather for my albacore dates. There's no going back, because all the charters are booked solid by February. Worst scenario is ill be forced to pay $3 a pound for commercially caught albacore. I've never chased albacore on my boat, but that may soon change !!

Ted

Ron Jones
Firearms Group

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 08:19:24 AM »

Ted and I gonna go get 'em!
The Man

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"
xjchad
Sensei

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 08:36:07 AM »

The only tuna I've ever caught was an albie.  That was fun!
Good luck guys!

Husband, Father, Fisherman
SoCalAngler
SoCalAngler
Photo Group

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2019, 09:33:15 AM »

So Cal has not had any albies in what 15 years? I kind of miss them...a little, but I much rather get the BFT which has replaced them.

When the albacore showed it was normally during snotty sea's. Locally we called it albacore weather.

Good luck on your trip.
witty1

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2019, 10:07:29 AM »

Hey Ted,
What day is your charter??

Eric
54bullseye
Firearms Group

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2019, 10:59:32 AM »

.....and of course it's forecast to blow on the day of the charter. Had the same bad luck last year on weather for my albacore dates. There's no going back, because all the charters are booked solid by February. Worst scenario is ill be forced to pay $3 a pound for commercially caught albacore. I've never chased albacore on my boat, but that may soon change !!

Ted

Ted that was the best by far Tuna I have ever had !!!!   John Taylor
Maxed Out
Keep Clam !!
Sensei

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2019, 12:40:56 PM »

Thanks for the kind words John

I doubt I could get myself to touch starkist tuna to my lips ever again. There's just no comparison to home caught, processed and canned albacore.

Ron Jones
Firearms Group

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2019, 05:25:55 PM »

To be clear, I've eaten quite a few jarred of home canned tuna, I've never had anything as fantastic as Ted's. That dude knows how to take care of fish.
The Man

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"
Maxed Out
Keep Clam !!
Sensei

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2019, 05:40:32 PM »

To be clear, I've eaten quite a few jarred of home canned tuna, I've never had anything as fantastic as Ted's. That dude knows how to take care of fish.
The Man

My canned albacore is nothing special. It's just strait up loin meat with tiny pinch of salt. I try and put a bit of belly meat in every jar. That's where most the good omega3 oils reside.

Here's a few facts about starkist tuna or any other national brand..... They offer it in water or oil. In both cases the good omega3 oils have been extracted and is sold for fish oil pills(omega3). After extraction they then add water, or linseed oil or cottonseed oil. The natural oils in albacore are what makes the canned tuna so good. That's the difference between mine and thiers

90+% of Europeans prefer starkist with oil, while over 90% of US market prefers starkist packed in water.... I prefer neither !!

Ted
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 05:42:14 PM by Maxed Out » Logged

broadway
Sensei

Broadway Dom, New York City

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2019, 05:42:28 PM »

I gotta agree...Ted's "White Gold" has sustained my family through the season.  We eat it sparingly as we feel it's a treat.
I could eat it for breakfast or dessert too.
I have a funny feeling even if East Coast albies were as good as West Coast albies I wouldn't be able to make it taste as good as those lovely jars Ted sends out.
Thanks Ted!
Hope you have a productive trip with sunshine and calm seas.
Dom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: