My Uncles fishing in Alaska, July 2019

Started by El Pescador, August 05, 2019, 07:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

Sit back and enjoy a few photos of "My People!!!"
Yes, these are my Uncles from my Dad's side of the family, both Uncles are younger than my Dad (he is now deceased).
One Uncle lives in North Dakota, has NEVER been to Alaska, and has said for years, he wants to visit his Brother in Alaska, my Uncle, for a week of fishing.

And last month he did!!!

here is Uncle Billy landing a MONSTER Lake trout.  As the story goes, he was getting tired fighting this fish, TRIED to hand off the rod to his younger brother, and what was told to him was, "You wanted to come to Alaska and fish.... WELL FISH!!!!"  I know, Dr. Phil could do an entire hour show on my family!!!!

Here are both my Uncles, and his son, my cousin.   He works up on the North Slope fixing heavy equipment.  Another nice Lake Trout.

And here is the youngest of my cousins in Alaska, catching a very nice Grayling.  Grayling are on my fishing bucket list... GARY are you listening?????

Enjoy, I'm packing right now for a week with Dominick at Gary and Mary Jo's beautiful Gustavus, AK home.   HOPEFULLY for Silver Salmon and "Bring home" Halibut (under 60 lbs.).  Catching the big ones is an easy task in Glacier Bay NP.

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Newell Nut

Anybody fishing in Alaska will wear a big smile. Cool place to fish.

Benni3

Looks like fantastic trip,,,,,, :D and some big fish,,,,,,,, ;D

mo65

Nice pics! Good luck on your upcoming trip too Wayne! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

El Pescador

Quote from: mo65 on August 06, 2019, 03:21:22 PM
Nice pics! Good luck on your upcoming trip too Wayne! 8)

Momeister!

Thank you for the well wishes!!! Dommie & I are in the Seattle SeaTac airport waiting  for the flight to Gustavus! Just in time for dinner with Gary & Mary Jo!!!

More stories & photos when I return,

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Fishy247

Definitely looking forward to them Wayne! Say hi to Dom and Gary for me!

Mike

Rivverrat

Great pics !  Grayling a unique fish. Also on my list of fish to catch... Jeff

Gfish

Didja bring a fly rod? A dry fly is a great way to get Grayling. Bony little suckers, but good tasting.
It's Silver salmon time up there now, right?
Have a great one guys!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!