alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Cedros Sportfishing, August 31 to September 4, 2020 - CANCELLED!!!!!!
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
August 13, 2020, 05:48:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cedros Sportfishing, August 31 to September 4, 2020 - CANCELLED!!!!!!  (Read 6861 times)
scrinch

« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2020, 09:47:14 PM »

Looking forward to meeting you at the airport on our way south, Rich. You might want to bring the two 50lb setups for the yellowtail, and a third lighter setup for the calicos, sheephead, bonito, etc. Maybe just bring some 20-25lb leader for the Jigmaster for when the yellows aren't biting.

Rich
Marc Fong
Firearms Group

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2020, 05:43:49 PM »

Hope everyone had a great 4th. Just wondering if our Cedros trip is still going forward August 31?
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2020, 05:46:46 PM »

yes, as far as we know.  cedros is closed to all tourists until sometime in august.  who knows how that will go. 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!
Marc Fong
Firearms Group

« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2020, 06:45:21 PM »

Thanks Alan. I hope so. My trial has been continued until April 2021, so I can go.
Keta
D'oh!

Klamath Falls, OR US

« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2020, 08:53:23 PM »

Smiley

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2020, 10:31:09 PM »

Great to hear!!!

MarkT

Mission Viejo, CA, USA

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2020, 09:52:43 AM »

Have you heard anything about Cedros?  I saw the airstrip is due to open at the end of August.

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2020, 10:42:02 AM »

nothing, but i am hopeful.

Hardy Boy
Firearms Group

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2020, 08:51:21 PM »

Its going to be nip and tuck with the latest border closure until Aug 21. There is serious talk about further extensions with the latest surge in your neck of the woods.

Cheers:

Todd

Todd
Hardy Boy
Firearms Group

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2020, 10:40:07 AM »

Well guys I had to pull the pin and cancel. Too much stuff up in the air with quarantine for 14 days when I return, plus there may be issues with me crossing the Mex/USA border at CBX being a Canadian. Rosie was not sure how or if that would work as its a land crossing and I'm not from either country. Talking to Rosie I also learned that the trips have been cancelled so far this year because the runway at Cedros needs to be repaired. She said they have been talking about it for months, so far nothing has been done and no plan is in place and no work has started. .......................... Well there is always next time ! Cry

Cheers:

Todd

Todd
Ron Jones
Firearms Group

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2020, 10:44:39 AM »

Dang,
I'll hold out for the oficial word, but I feel sorry for Rosie and her crew. This has got to be hard.
The Man

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"
scrinch

« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2020, 04:14:02 PM »

Todd, you got the jump on the rest of us. I just got an email from Rosie saying that the 2020 trip is cancelled and she hopes to see us next year. All things considered, this is probably a good outcome. Let's hope that this whole covid business is behind us at this time next year and we can get back to yellowtail fishing!
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2020, 04:14:39 PM »

i have asked that rosie send checks back to everyone.  

Hello My Friends,

I am devastated to inform you that your upcoming fishing trip has been cancel.  Ugh…

There was a meeting yesterday in Ensenada regarding the repairs needed to the runway on Cedros Island, and all the “powers that be” were in attendance.  A week before this meeting, the Mexican Government had approved a budget which included businesses on the island pitching in…well, long story short, we don’t have a timeframe as to when the repairs will start…or when they will be finished, but the next meeting is September 12th.  Obviously, this means repairs probably will not start until the end of September.

With that being said, please let me know if you would like to rollover your deposit to the 2021 season or if you would like a refund.  All rollover deposits will not only hold your spot, but will hold the 2020 pricing.  (We are not sure if the pricing will be different in 2021, not sure if our vendors will increase our cost..airlines, concierge service, etc.)

We appreciate each and everyone of you for being apart of our Cedros Sportfishing Family.  Thank you so much for hanging in there with us.

Stay Well!

Rosie Flowers
General Manager
Cedros Sportfishing BCM, LLC
rosie@cedrossportfishing.com

619-772-7570
5663 Balboa Avenue #493
San Diego, CA 92111

MarkT

Mission Viejo, CA, USA

« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2020, 04:41:20 PM »

Well, I'm disappointed but not surprised.  There's always next year!

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!
Ron Jones
Firearms Group

« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2020, 10:31:23 AM »

Was really looking forward to this. If nothing else it gives me more vacation time to drive down the coast for the SOA trip.
The Man

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: