USPS Surprise

Started by Midway Tommy, August 14, 2019, 05:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midway Tommy

Received this little GEM in the mail today from ORCA member and friend, Jim Shottenham!  ;D

This little guy is so COOL! It is even functional! :o
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Robert Janssen

I agree, that IS cool.
I met Robert Koelwyn once. Very smart guy; extremely capable. So in a way I'm not all too surprised that it functions.

Gfish

Way cool! Man what kinda line would you use, ha!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Rivverrat

Took me a minute.... then I was oh that's a reel penny..... Ha !  I ain't the quickest horse at the gate but I eventually do make it around the track... Jeff

Crow

That's cuter than a bugs ear !!......and not much bigger !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

wfjord

I didn't even notice the penny until I scrolled back up to look at the reel again.

Tightlines667

A Microfishing gem to be sure.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

steelfish

Quote from: Midway Tommy on August 14, 2019, 05:35:42 PM
Received this little GEM in the mail today from ORCA member and friend, Jim Shottenham!  ;D

sooo, your friend sent you a penny coin of a size of a Van Staal reel?  :-\
I dont want to carry a dollar worth of those pennies in my pocket   ;D ;D ;D

Awesome gift !!
The Baja Guy

Benni3

Very cool,,,,,, :D i was looking online at the smallest reels,,,,,but didn't see one that nice,,,,,,,, ;D

steelhead_killer

><)))">

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

happyhooker

The Fishing Hobby

oc1

It's hard to imagine how.
-steve

Midway Tommy

Quote from: oc1 on August 15, 2019, 05:43:09 AM
It's hard to imagine how.
-steve

I'd remove the two side screws to see how but it's way too cool to risk me screwing it up.  ;) The handle cranks, the handle knob spins, the rotor turns, the spool oscillates, the anti-reverse works and the line roller spins.  8) The only non-functioning aspect is the drag knob. It is molded as part of the spool face. In real life I even had to put on my magnifiers to read the "Van Staals" & "V/S" insignias.  Amazing craftsmanship.!   
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)