Shimano Talica 10 sideplate screws size?

Started by Drisse, August 26, 2021, 06:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drisse

I wonder if anyone know what size the Shimano Talica 10 sideplate screws is? I measured them with a caliper and got 2,53mm so I thought the size was M2,5. I measured a screw in my M2,5 box. The caliper said 2,37mm. Tried it on the reel. It fits, but feels a bit loose in the hole. The original fits tight. Is the orignal supposed to be M2,5 or is it a other size ?

Drisse

I guess that the screws is M2.6mm. Didn't even know that metric screws existed in that size ? But they seem hard to find in industrial stores. Anyone who knows where to find ? I would prefer to replace Shimanos crappy Talica sideplate screws to Torxscrews.

Robert Janssen

Drisse

Thanks Robert, but they don't seem to have any. If I'm using their searchfunction right ?

Robert Janssen

I don't know; I haven't been there for a long time. Their store used to be nearby my shop, and i was there regularly to get small specific items, so it was easy for me. I don't remember where you live, though. I did notice however that they do list stainless M2,5 with torx heads on their website.

About the screws, yes there is such a thing as M2,6, but it is much less common than M2,5. Your measured screw of 2,37 seems a bit off. You know, the regular Ambassadeur reels use M2,5 on the handle side sideplate. Try one of those and see if it fits.

About availability, they might be hard to find in small numbers. Try RC shops online; they often have small screws in small quantities for a small price.