$125 gamble.... I think I hit the jackpot!

Started by pjstevko, August 15, 2019, 04:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

I took a gamble on paying $125 shipped for a reel (sight unseen) posted on FB marketplace which only showed a gold Tiburon frame and when I asked the seller for more pics and she sends back a pic of gold Accuplates....I said sold even though I wasn't sure what I was looking at but I figured the used plates and frame are worth the price alone...... Am I right?

So..... Did I hit the jackpot?    What exactly is this reel?

Pj

Tunacious

Just a guess...but it looks like a Penn 4/0.

sabaman1

Pj, you scored and did hit the jackpot!!! It looks like either a 113h or 114h Accurate, tiburon conversion, give it a good cleaning and go catch
some big fish with it.

Tight lines!
   Jim
JIM

RowdyW

I'd say it's a 114H with a Tiburon frame & Accurate Accuplates. It's to big to be a 113H. Don't worry I'll take it off your hands & even pay the shipping.  JACKPOT!!!!      Rudy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Wow! a 6/0 for $125...you did really good.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

pjstevko

Now to find someone to tear it apart, upgrade parts and clean it up for me  ???  ??? ???

Anyone wanna make some extra $??? ??? ???

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

pjstevko

Quote from: MarkT on August 15, 2019, 02:03:02 PM
What are your plans for it?

I'm gonna keep it but not sure what how it should be used...... Trolling, flat fall jigging, or heavy bait?

Gfish

Nice. Accuplates and Tib. frame, even line. Who knows what kinda guts are in it? $125---jackpot! Love the Accurate upgrade products and their value will increase with time. A little heavy for aluminum but that's a + for me.
Maybe an opportunity, if you have the time, to delve into servicing it yourself. Plenty of help here. And if you're gonna saltwater fish it, you need to service it at least once/year anyways.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

MarkT

114h were the standard trolling reels on the shorter trips back when there were Albacore down here.  It's what I have one for with a Tib frame.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

RowdyW

Quote from: pjstevko on August 15, 2019, 01:46:28 PM
Now to find someone to tear it apart, upgrade parts and clean it up for me  ???  ??? ???

Anyone wanna make some extra $??? ??? ???
Pj, I can handle it for you. Just pay for parts & shipping. I would enjoy doing it, the 114H is my favorite.       Rudy

Donnyboat

Hi Pj, I would take Rudy up on that generous offer, could not be in better hands, nice find for sure, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat