$125 gamble.... I think I hit the jackpot!

Started by pjstevko, August 15, 2019, 04:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Quote from: RowdyW on August 15, 2019, 03:09:55 PM
Quote from: pjstevko on August 15, 2019, 01:46:28 PM
Now to find someone to tear it apart, upgrade parts and clean it up for me  ???  ??? ???

Anyone wanna make some extra $??? ??? ???
Pj, I can handle it for you. Just pay for parts & shipping. I would enjoy doing it, the 114H is my favorite.       Rudy
Rudy beat me to it.  You are in good hands with Rudy.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

pjstevko

Quote from: RowdyW on August 15, 2019, 03:09:55 PM
Quote from: pjstevko on August 15, 2019, 01:46:28 PM
Now to find someone to tear it apart, upgrade parts and clean it up for me  ???  ??? ???

Anyone wanna make some extra $??? ??? ???
Pj, I can handle it for you. Just pay for parts & shipping. I would enjoy doing it, the 114H is my favorite.       Rudy

Rudy Thank you for your generous offer and I graciously accept! PM on the way!!!!!

pjstevko

Now to figure out what to use it for once Rudy is going to do the tear down, inspection, upgrades and assembly.....

What should/would you use this reel for?????????

Rivverrat

RowdyW

Pj, this is going to put you in the market for a rod to handle it.

pjstevko

Quote from: RowdyW on August 15, 2019, 11:40:27 PM
Pj, this is going to put you in the market for a rod to handle it.

Oh I know..... I'm already thinking about that  ;D

bhale1

PJ,
Great find.... really should not pass up Rudy's offer!.....JMO!
All the best ;D
Brett

Alto Mare

I was just thinking, if accurate gears are in that reel, you paid just for those and got the reel free.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

pjstevko

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 16, 2019, 09:51:29 AM
I was just thinking, if accurate gears are in that reel, you paid just for those and got the reel free.

Sal
I don't know much about accurate gears but my thought was that the frame and plates alone were worth the $. Plus if someone went through the process of buying and putting together the frame and plates I'm thinking they upgraded the internals as well!

I'm looking forward to hearing what Rudy finds when he opens it up ;D

akfish

Great Find!! But be certain to keep it clean, inside and out. Accurate frames were notorious for corroding if they were kept clean and with a thin coat of grease on all internal parts.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

pjstevko

Quote from: akfish on August 16, 2019, 04:04:43 PM
Great Find!! But be certain to keep it clean, inside and out. Accurate frames were notorious for corroding if they were kept clean and with a thin coat of grease on all internal parts.

Thanks for that heads up! I'll be sure to have Rudy grease everything inside before he puts it back together!

RowdyW

pjstevko

Quote from: RowdyW on August 16, 2019, 09:11:16 PM
Pj, that's my standard procedure.  ;)

Oh i know it is Rudy!!!! I know the reel is in great hands ;D ;D ;D I'm super excited to hear what you find inside....

pjstevko

I peeled off all the mono and the spool looks in like new condition with no corrosion! I also turned on the clicker for the first time and it sounds to me like this reel has a double dog AR system in it already....

Do old school 6/0 come with a double dog AR stock?

RowdyW

No Accurate plates came double dogged. I doubt that it has double dogs as you would have to cut the plates to install the doubles which would remove some of the anodizing leaving it succeptable to corrosion. But it's always possible that someone created a double dog bridge plate, but doubtful. We'll find out next week.