Penguin Blue

Started by Tightlines667, August 15, 2019, 04:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

Looks like Costa's in the last pic, are they? I had the same style frame if they are Costa Del Mar's until about 5-6 years ago when I went to the Cat Cay's black out. Glass of course in the blue 580's.

Tightlines667

Quote from: SoCalAngler on August 18, 2019, 03:53:39 AM
Looks like Costa's in the last pic, are they? I had the same style frame until about 5-6 years ago when I went to the Cat Cay's black out. Glass of course in the blue 580's.

Yep Costas.  I like the maui jims for above water, costas for looking into it.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

SoCalAngler

Interesting points you make there. Two different manufactures, well I have never looked at it that way. In the early 80's it was the V and Ski of Varnetie glasses were hot when I skied Vebier France. They held up to the spilles I took and yes I had many.

Glad to see other manufactures took a look at what they designed. Skiers maybe 5% of the population of the world and people in the US and other water's way more.

I hate to say this but here Maui Jim's are considered for the pretty boys that sit in a chair and say let me reel in that fish.

I know this is most likely not you but shuush on the Maui Jim's. LOL

Tightlines667

In the mid 2000s I spent 6 months/year for 4 years sitting in a tower blind on a remote NWHI cataloging shark activity and had tue chance to test out most of the lense/mirror combos for costa and maui jim (we had a govt account).  The lightweight maui jims with plastic frames were the most comfortable to wear for days on end but the costas were by far the best for cutting down glare and seeing into the water.  Been a costa man ever since.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

thorhammer

Quote from: SoCalAngler on August 19, 2019, 02:50:11 AM
Interesting points you make there. Two different manufactures, well I have never looked at it that way. In the early 80's it was the V and Ski of Varnetie glasses were hot when I skied Vebier France. They held up to the spilles I took and yes I had many.

Glad to see other manufactures took a look at what they designed. Skiers maybe 5% of the population of the world and people in the US and other water's way more.

I hate to say this but here Maui Jim's are considered for the pretty boys that sit in a chair and say let me reel in that fish.

I know this is most likely not you but shuush on the Maui Jim's. LOL

I don't know any mates in NC wearing MJ's....I've had a dozen Costas, still have 3