alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Reel Repair Kit For Long Range Trip
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
April 07, 2020, 06:52:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reel Repair Kit For Long Range Trip  (Read 9421 times)
Irish Jigger

Northern Ireland.

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 01:06:31 AM »

I've scaled back my expectations of what I really need and I've got one backup reel so far. IF I get on a long-range trip, that will be my best classroom. And you're all correct, I'd rather be fishing than making some green-crusted blob work that some bozo brought to me to "have a look at".

x2
Jim

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 01:05:48 PM »

Well, just to follow up . . .
Not only did my ATD50w go for a one hour swim this winter, so did several other guy's reels!
Yeah, it was a GREAT trip.
Having everything I needed, it was simple work to open, clean/dry/check everything in 2 (yeah, someone sadly said "Jim can you do mine too?" and I did) ATD's in the galley after dinner.
Neither had any issues at that time, and mine, opened up two weeks after I got home, was still functioning perfectly. I couldn't believe that even spool bearings were fine. (That's why I use penn synthetic oil.)

I can't imagine going on a LR boat without the tools to effect repairs on reels!!
Bill B (Tarfu)
Fish Nutritionist II
Sensei

Crestline, CA

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2019, 02:06:25 PM »

to revive an old thread.....what do you mean when "you are not getting into a skiff again" and "your reel going swimming".....Bill

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!
Swami805

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2019, 05:23:09 PM »

If you're getting spooled you have 3 choices, hope your knot holds and the fish stops,deploy a skiff and chase it or clip on a back up rig and throw it over the side. Not many boats bring skiffs like the used to since the equipment is so much better now but some do.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: