My sincere apologies

Started by Maxed Out, August 21, 2019, 05:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Last summer albacore charter was a flop because really sloppy conditions. No surprise no forum members signed up for this year on the same charter. I had to surrender all 9 spots back to charter office.

Yesterday forecast was calm to start but gradually increasing wind building to 20knots for late evening. We were back at the dock with 222 albacore by late evening. I brought 28 to gaff and can't wait for my next shot on same boat.

Hope some day we can fill the boat again with all forum members

Tight lines, Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Ron Jones

Sounds like quite a trip! Hope to get some of that tuna!
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

mo65

Way ta go Ted...great fishin'! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Hardy Boy

I will go and give it a try again. You can't control the weather or the fishing !! Glad you got them this time !!

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Swami805

Glad you gottem Ted,that's a good slug of tuna.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

54bullseye

Congrats !!  That's a good trip and some great eating !!!   John Taylor

Keta

Quote from: Maxed Out on August 21, 2019, 05:06:11 PM
Last summer albacore charter was a flop because really sloppy conditions. No surprise no forum members signed up for this year on the same charter. I had to surrender all 9 spots back to charter office.

Yesterday forecast was calm to start but gradually increasing wind building to 20knots for late evening. We were back at the dock with 222 albacore by late evening. I brought 28 to gaff and can't wait for my next shot on same boat.

Hope some day we can fill the boat again with all forum members

Tight lines, Ted

Good to hear Ted.  If I did not spend my fishing money on trips south I would have jumped right on your trip.  The bad conditions last year showed me how hard the crew worked to get on the fish, I have been there when I deckhanded out of Coos Bay.  It was not their fault the bait got beat up.... and us too.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Decker

Hope to fly cross-country one day for this trip!  Or drive and pick up Mo on the way ;)  Thanks for making it happen, Ted!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Congratulations on the great trip Ted.  What a score!

Ron Jones

I WANT CANNING PHOTOS!
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

whalebreath

Glad to hear you did well this year Ted I heard Westport was on fire.

Carl in Vancouver BC.

Maxed Out

Hi Carl, always good to hear from you.

We were 70+ miles out, and several party boats nearby that didn't do half as well as us. We kept one school under the boat for over 3 hours, then Dwight called in buddy boat to continue on that school as we pulled out to head in

The sporties won't go out that far, so not really on fire for everyone. Oregon coast albacore are much more accessible, only 15-25 miles out
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!