Road Trip to BOLA "Bay of los Angeles"

Started by steelfish, August 21, 2019, 07:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Great report Alex.  Congratulations on the beautiful yellowtail!

oc1

Little did we know the Superman rod would reappear in another thread and catch a whopper.  You got it made Alex.
-steve

steelfish

@ Randy, thanks amigo, hopefully next one will be bigger, they grow them big in there

@ Steve, and the rod will be with me on my next trip for sure but I really think I need another one bit lighter

I already have a factory super seeker 80# rod that seems about right as a "step behind" of my super man rod, but its all roller rod, wondering if I keep it that way and fish with it, sell it or take the rollers out and wrap some fuji HB guides instead.
The Baja Guy

SoCalAngler

Alex,

A flight from TJ to Loreto is about $120 USD round trip. I know it is alot but driving to Loreto and spending the night on the way may cost more. San Felipe to TJ is what like a 1.5 hour drive? I don't know as I have never done that drive that way.

Dude you can make it easily round trip in two days but I fully understand work getting the way. That's why I don't get to spend enough time there, but if you want to head to Loreto let me know and with enough advanced warning I'll meet you there. No need for a car in town as everything is right there, but if you would be my guest I have everything you may need fishing wise and a 2011 F 150 crew cab truck and I would like to share it with you and your buddies.

Just think about it buddy and take care.

You need to catch cabrilla like this.

Maybe some Baqueta aslo.  

And one of these pesky grouper.

SoCalAngler

Other pics did not show, so here they are.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Crow

Great fishing !!  And Great friends, too !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

steelfish

Quote from: SoCalAngler on August 26, 2019, 04:14:32 AM
Alex,

A flight from TJ to Loreto is about $120 USD round trip. I know it is alot but driving to Loreto and spending the night on the way may cost more. San Felipe to TJ is what like a 1.5 hour drive? I don't know as I have never done that drive that way.
sadly the trip SF to TJ is 4.5hrs = two hrs north and 2hrs east plus traffic, its the same amount of time than driving to BOLA

Quote from: SoCalAngler on August 26, 2019, 04:14:32 AM
Alex,

Dude you can make it easily round trip in two days but I fully understand work getting the way. That's why I don't get to spend enough time there, but if you want to head to Loreto let me know and with enough advanced warning I'll meet you there. No need for a car in town as everything is right there, but if you would be my guest I have everything you may need fishing wise and a 2011 F 150 crew cab truck and I would like to share it with you and your buddies.

Just think about it buddy and take care.

You need to catch cabrilla like this., Maybe some Baqueta aslo.  And one of these pesky grouper.
my best cabrilla was 18# and it was a beast, still looking for a baqueta and the pesky grouper so, you got me thinking amigo.
I already knew loreto its a great fishing spot, actually every where in Baja Sur the fishing is great

really nice from your part Mark for offering your place, I really dont need much to think about it, Im already set LOL, just need to talk and convince the old lady

btw, great photos of those great fish, awesome !

yay !!
SF to Loreto looks like a long Road trip  almost 12hrs

7am to 6pm looks doable  ;D... some day !
The Baja Guy