Any recipes for Ceviché ??

Started by Maxed Out, August 24, 2019, 01:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

I have ton of sushi grade tuna loins.

Anyone have a good recipe for Ceviché ?? (not sure about my spelling)

Thanks in advance, Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Tightlines667

I do a mexican style.  Cube fish, cover in fresh-squeezed lime juice.  Add cubned tomatoes, diced maui onion and/or chives, salt to taste, chopped fresh cilantro, fresh diced jalapeno or hawaiian chili peppers.  Chill, serve.

I also like fillipno style ceviche with vinegar and coconut milk especially with Wahoo belly.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foodandwine.com/recipes/filipino-style-ceviche-coconut-milk%3famp=true

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

ChileRelleno

I basically make a nice, fresh Pico de gallo, and then add chopped/cubed fish, then add some more lime juice and salt to taste.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Swami805

I cut the fish into small cubes then squeeze a bunch of limes in a bowl with it. Let it sit in the fridge 4-6 hours until the fish is opaque white on the outside, too long and it gets rubbery. Drain out all the liquid so it quits "cooking". Add some fresh chunky salsa,the kind from the  store with the liquid drained out so the ceviche isn't soupy. Maybe 60/40 fish to salsa. I like to add chunks of avocado especially if the salsa is really spicy, cucumber chucks are good too.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Bryan Young

You guys suck. Now I'm craving ceviche and it's too late to make some to eat now. 😢😭🤣😂🤣

Keep the recipes coming. Always love a good ceviche.

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

I learned in Peru, and they have redefined ceviche.
I like chunky cucumber, carrot and celery pieces that have been lightly pickled. Fresh cubed tomatoes, slightly bigger than diced, and a little jalapeno, nothing to spicy.

All that gets mixed with the fish at the table. I prefer my fish soaked a little longer than most and find that a bit of salt keeps the fish from getting to tough.

A plate of that and a pisco style Jach sour makes the world go around.

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"