Pro Gear 545 Handle ?

Started by Rush, August 25, 2019, 12:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rush

Worn out nob on the handle.  Can the nob be replaced or should I just go Tiburon Lite?

MarkT

Quote from: Rush on August 25, 2019, 12:50:24 AM
Worn out nob on the handle.  Can the nob be replaced or should I just go Tiburon Lite?
What color handle do you have? I upgraded my gunmetal 545 to a power handle so I have a spare original counterbalanced handle.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Bryan Young

I think you can replace the grip material with stuff they use for rod handle grips.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Maxed Out

I have replaced the foam on several pro gear knobs.

If you send me the knob I'll replace the foam for nuttin. I have red,black, or blue colored replacement foam

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Bryan Young

Thank you Ted!!!  You rock Dude!!!
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Rush

Thank you for the offers.  I guess I should have been more specific.  It seems the aluminum inside the nob is likely worn with corrosion.  The foam on the exterior is actually fine.  Maybe a bronze bearing from the local Ace Hardware will work?? :-\

Bryan Young

Is yours screwed on or rivited?

Rush

MarkT

Even though my handle is gunmetal the knob is silver so would look good on your silver handle. It's all screwed together. I could send just the knob or the whole thing. Just PP me $10.

Rush

Hi Mark,

Check your messages.

Thanks.

Rush

PP sent.  Send the handle.
Thanks again!

Bryan Young

MarkT

Did you get the handle?  it was supposed to arrive on Wednesday.

Rush

Hi.  ...Got the handle....great stuff and will fit the bill

Thanks again,
Russ out