New accurate "clicker kit" backing out fix?

Started by bestout, August 25, 2019, 05:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bestout

I dont know if this has been posted before. But i will post it because i haven't found a fix to it  :P
So i own a couple of Accurate Furys and a boss extreme all 500 size.
I been having trouble with the clicker since i fish 99% at a pier i need the clicker all the time...  well both of my furys clickers always back out for some weird reason and my boss extreme doesn't. Even on free spool they would just back out and the spool will just spin like crazy making birds nest most of the time if i dont stop it on time.
So i took apart my boss extreme and one of the furys and notice that the clicker pawl "the little arrow" was a different color on the fury than the boss extreme. (fury was kina like grey and boss extreme was black).
so i switched the clicker button white washer clicker pawl and the ering from one reel to another and problem was fixed.
Yesterday i went to a tackle shop kinda far from my house but they have alot of knowledge about accurate reels i think they a certified repair center.... we talked for like 30minutes just about how the clickers were plastic and obviously why they switched the old knobs with the new knobs  ;D . I asked the guy if i could get a clicker pawl of the boss extreme so i could put it on my fury.
He talked to me that accurate knows about this issue and they actually have a "new clicker kit" that is going to fix the backing out. he actually showed my the kit he had and well i bought it it was around 5$ .

the "new kit" is the one on the top and the one in the bottom is what it was installed on my fury

the little black ring goes around the hole where the button is placed

then install the new button a white washer which it was very thin he gave me the measure but i kinda forgot. it was something like .10 and then the clicker pawl on the other side

then i put on the e-clip... i didnt install the red ring because it was too dam tight for the eclip to fit  

now with this new kit is not backing out at all but to push the button is super hard and it kinda hurts my finger.....
i kinda went crazy and thought if i file it down just a little bit of the clicker hole the black ring will just be a tiny bit more lose so i went for it VERY VERY VERY carefully and now the clicker button is not tooo damm hard to push it but it also clicker wont back out . if you are going to do this do it at your own risk because is very risky.  ;D . Be sure to grease that filed
I dont know if is me or what but also the clicker sound got a bit louder which i like alot on pier fishing.
Im happy now :D :D :D . Hopefully it helps people who have this issue with the new furys clicker backing out even on freespool.

The monsters in my head are scared......

Gfish

Cool.
Be sure and grease the filed area to prevent corrosion as the finish(anodizing) is compromised.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

bestout

Quote from: Gfish on August 25, 2019, 07:34:16 PM
Cool.
Be sure and grease the filed area to prevent corrosion as the finish(anodizing) is compromised.
Yes!! for sure i forgot to put it on the post
The monsters in my head are scared......