3 Left! T60XN Extra Narrow Tiburon Kits For 114H 6/0 Senator In Stock 9/4/19

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, August 25, 2019, 08:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Updated as of today, 9/4/19, we have 3 new Tiburon T60XN kits left: 1 silver, 1 electric blue and 1 silver with electric blue spool.  These are the last of the Mohicans.  They will not be run again.  The kits are $195 PayPal, plus $11.80 for shipping to anywhere in the USA, including Hawaii and Alaska, by USPS Priority Mail with tracking, and to all US territories served by USPS.  Shipping for 2 kits would be $12.80 in a Priority Mail flat rate box to anywhere in the USA.  If you live on or near the West Coast, shipping will be slightly less. We ship worldwide at the actual cost of postage, but please do not ask us to undervalue the product on the customs forms.

These frame, spool and rod clamp kits will narrow the 114H frame width to 1 5/8", just like the T4N1, T3N and 349H kits, as compared to 2 3/4" for the standard 114H and 2 7/16" for the Tiburon T60N narrow kit.  The reduced width produces a significant decrease in weight and increase in ease of use, while still providing sufficient line capacity to handle any foreseeable fishing opportunities here on the West Coast.  It will should hold 450 yards of 80 lb. braid.  The Tiburon spool is super-strong, machined from a solid billet of aluminum, and the side walls have been drilled to further decrease weight and improve casting performance and responsiveness to a live bait's efforts to swim freely and get bit.

As most of you know, the Penn 114H Senator is a tank of a reel, bulletproof, reliable and easily serviced, with all parts readily available.  It can fish 80 lb. line right out of the box, and the sky is the limit with all of the high performance aftermarket parts available here on Alantani.com.

The frames are Tiburon's new-style topless Senator frames (topless with the flanges to replace the inner trim rings).  The rod clamp brackets offset outwards for maximum width.  The tops of the frame are clean with no provision for harness lugs, making for much nicer place to put your left hand for those of us fishing the rail, and one less place for saltwater intrusion to cause problems. The kits are compatible with all Made in the USA 114H, HL and HLW High Speed Senator side plates.  I do not know if they will work with Chinese Senator side plates.  They will not work with Accurate Accuplates.

If you would like to buy a kit, please let me know.  I can ship tomorrow. The T60XN should be just the ticket for heavy yo-yo and dropper loop fishing, Alaskan halibut and ling cod, and a host of other applications.

Thank you,

Randy

Maxed Out

FYI Randy, the last USA made version 114h has same 5 screw pattern as the China made 114h, and may not work with this kit

Personally, this super narrow 114h kit is one of my favorites, and very versatile. I have the itch to grab one or 2 more just to stash away.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Ron Jones

Are you kidding?
This, an Okuma SST halibut and a 1000g Norwegian jig, I'll catch every halibut in the ocean.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Maxed Out on August 26, 2019, 06:11:26 PM

FYI Randy, the last USA made version 114h has same 5 screw pattern as the China made 114h, and may not work with this kit

Personally, this super narrow 114h kit is one of my favorites, and very versatile. I have the itch to grab one or 2 more just to stash away.

Ted

Thanks for the plug Ted.  I tried a 5 screw USA version and it works.  It looks like the 5 screw side plates use the same holes as the 8 screw side plates, just not all of them.  Tiburon says that they may not fit the Chinese reels, I am not sure why. 

Thanks again,

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Ron Jones on August 26, 2019, 07:40:26 PM
Are you kidding?
This, an Okuma SST halibut and a 1000g Norwegian jig, I'll catch every halibut in the ocean.
The Man

Thank you Ron!

Odyssey68

Randy I'm a little late to the party, are any of these still available?

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Odyssey68 on October 30, 2019, 11:07:25 AM
Randy I'm a little late to the party, are any of these still available?

Yes, we do have a few kits left.