Torque 15xnld2

Started by Rush, August 27, 2019, 02:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rush

Hey Carson,

Seeing some listing for the new reel.  Is this actually a narrow 15 or super narrow 25 type size?

Thanks in advance for the reply

Rush

Keta

25 sideplates, basicly a TRQ25NNLD2
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

MarkT

Yeah, it's an extra narrow 25nld2.  It's a jigging reel but don't let hold you back!

I hope they come out with a Fathom version!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

steelfish

Quote from: MarkT on August 27, 2019, 03:37:56 AM
Yeah, it's an extra narrow 25nld2.  It's a jigging reel but don't let hold you back!

I hope they come out with a Fathom version!

a 25xn wow .. a fathom version would be nice
The Baja Guy

Keta

The Torque version is nice, but I have not fished with mine yet. A  Fathom 15XNLD2 will be a big seller.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Ron Jones

Is it bad that I'm salivating right now?
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

what they really need is an extra narrow 40!!!!! 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Mark Twain

steelfish

Quote from: Keta on August 27, 2019, 12:19:11 PM
The Torque version is nice, but I have not fished with mine yet. A  Fathom 15XNLD2 will be a big seller.

do you have the torque 15XNLD2 Lee?
even a fathom 25xn star drag will be cool

@ Alan, now you're talking seriously
The Baja Guy

Keta

Yes, I picked it up a week or so ago.

Mark Twain

boon

Good to see, the future for lever drags is tall narrow reels IMO, except in a casting situation.

Rivverrat

Quote from: boon on August 29, 2019, 08:57:26 PM
Good to see, the future for lever drags is tall narrow reels IMO, except in a casting situation.

I agree. When I'm swinging for the fence, my wide Torque 25 with 30 - 40 braid becomes a thing of mechanical beauty. A long cast loads the air with line, there is a point it seems.. feels.. as if there is a wall of
  resistance. Better than average casters can get through this barrier with an educated thumb.

I believe this wall of resistance is felt at the same point during the cast. For me it's easier to get through this wall of resistance with a wider reel.  I'm doing my best to describe what I feel. Simply because I have no clue as
to what is actually happening or causing what I'm feeling.

I just know for me & how I'm casting now the wide Torque 25 give me max distance. At least a measured 5 yards more than the 25N most times more... Jeff

MarkT

They are coming out with a Fathom 15xnld2 soon!  Part of their ICAST announcements.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

jurelometer

Quote from: Rivverrat on July 24, 2020, 10:59:24 PM
Quote from: boon on August 29, 2019, 08:57:26 PM

I agree. When I'm swinging for the fence, my wide Torque 25 with 30 - 40 braid becomes a thing of mechanical beauty. A long cast loads the air with line, there is a point it seems.. feels.. as if there is a wall of
  resistance. Better than average casters can get through this barrier with an educated thumb.

I believe this wall of resistance is felt at the same point during the cast. For me it's easier to get through this wall of resistance with a wider reel.  I'm doing my best to describe what I feel. Simply because I have no clue as
to what is actually happening or causing what I'm feeling.

I just know for me & how I'm casting now the wide Torque 25 give me max distance. At least a measured 5 yards more than the 25N most times more... Jeff
Thinner/ taller spools will have more inertia.  It will behave more like a flywheel (weight distributed farther from the axis).   It will take more energy to start it  turning and it will not decelerate as quickly as the cast weight (and line)  slows down toward the end of the cast.  The theoretically ideal casting spool will turn without force at exactly the rate that the line is being pulled out.  A lower profile, wider spool (within reason) will be closer to the ideal.

The "wall of resistance" sounds to me like a pretty good description of battling inertia.

My attempt to explain this from earlier:  https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=27347.msg314369#msg314369

-J

Rivverrat

Thanks, J.  ... Jeff