Pacific Voyager San Diego 4 Day Trip

Started by Crab Pot, August 28, 2019, 11:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crab Pot

Just got home from a 4 day aboard the Pacific Voyager (PV) and got the skunk off from my June trip.

We didn't get the numbers we were looking for but managed to put a dent in the Yellowfin population and managed to get some, 4 total, Bluefin.

Started out south west of the Coronado Islands and stuck it to over 100 YF and even took a Dorado.

From there we motored over to the Cortez Banks and got into some high quality YT and even some Rock Cod and Johnny Bass that were suspended high. We also couldn't keep the Bonita's off. They were fun to fight but put a dent in our bait.

From there we got a bit greedy and asked Captain Mark to take us to SCI after hearing the BF reports. This cost us a good 1.5 days of fishing and ended up being a bit of a bust with only 3 fish caught in the 50-70 pound class. Of course I guess if I got one of those three it would have been worth it!

From there we night steamed back to the south west side of the islands and managed to pull a really nice BF with spotted YF's, but not many.

We did a lot of trolling, which most of my crew doesn't want to partake in. My buddy Chad and I babysat our own rigs as the rest drank adult beverages, slept, or ate. We had one double of Bonita and something that we never saw which had my 80# roller bent in half. Never saw what it was but it went sideways and nothing was stopping it. Eventually my 7/0 double Clone hook cut through or it wasn't bone hooked, I don't know but I almost went #### over tea kettle when it got off.

Can't say enough good things about Captain Mark, Second Captain Charlie, Dominick the Cook, and Kody & Mitch the Deckhands.

Great boat and crew. Can't wait till next year.
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Crab Pot

More Photos.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

MarkT

Sounds like a good trip! Dom is usually one of the deckhands but does a good job as chef when Jeff is off!  I've done a 2 and a 2 1/2 day on the PV this year.  They're my favorite short range boat and I like going out of Seaforth.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Crab Pot

Breaking News:

Chef Jeff has retired.  >:(

The man could (and I'm sure still does) sling some awesome grub!

Dominick is a fishing chef!

MarkT

Oh man, Jeff retired?  I'm not surprised, he's not getting any younger and his wife has had some problems.

He leaves the galley in good hands if Dom is taking over full time. Mitch, Marks son, is a good deckhand and Cody is great. Charlie is great too, I've been on trips with him skippering when Mark was off.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Benni3

Fantastic trip,,,,,, ;) that's a boat load of fun,,,,,,, ;D

r8rs4lf

I was on the Pac Queen and I believe you guys came in to take over where we were fishing right? I think we already had limits. I know we left them biting.

Can't really remember if it was the Voyager or the Dawn.