Hickory Smoked/BBQ Braised Belly

Started by ChileRelleno, August 26, 2019, 02:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

Not being satisfied with just leftover Al Pastor Ribs ribs.
I decided to smoke/braise a nice third of a whole pork belly.

Rubbed it down and wrapped it up last night, pulled it out this afternoon to smoke.

Fired up the smoke to 350°+/- with hickory for smoke.
Let it go about 3 hours till the fat cap was getting some crispiness.

Shortly before I figured it was ready I preheated the oven to 350°.
Brought it inside and put it in a baking dish with some of my Modified Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce and let it braise for 2 hours.

During the braise I kept spooning the sauce over it.

Mmmmm, Slices of Succulent Belly.
The freshly smoked belly beat the pants off the leftover Al Pastor Ribs ribs.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Ron Jones

I want that belly in my belly!
South Africans eat rashers. Strips of pork belly with the skin on that are broiled so the skin is as crisp as fried pork rinds. I cn't get enough, ever.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Ron Jones on August 26, 2019, 03:14:24 AM
I want that belly in my belly!
South Africans eat rashers. Strips of pork belly with the skin on that are broiled so the skin is as crisp as fried pork rinds. I cn't get enough, ever.
The Man
Here, try this instead.

Braised Belly with Cracklin Skin in a Spicy Asian Sauce

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Ron Jones

I'm a wimp, if you call it spicy I'd call it emergency room hot. I'm sure it is tasty though.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"