Schematic for Olympic Spincast SC4200RL???

Started by Ontherock, September 01, 2019, 10:38:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ontherock

Hi All:

(Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section but i wasn't sure where to post spincast reel questions.)

Just re-found my old Olympic reel that I bought back in the 70's and would love to do a complete disassemble, re-grease and put her back in service! For a Japanese reel, it was well constructed (all aluminum body) and never gave me a minutes trouble in the 10-15 year period my GF (and now wife) and I used it. The cover plate has never been off since the factory so I'd like to disassemble, clean out the old 40 year grease and freshen her up!

Anyone know where to get a schematic for one of these??? Even a pic of the internals would help.

foakes

If you could post a photo of your reel, DK —

It would be useful for ID for myself, and others who may have one of these reels — or a differently badged one that is identical.

Then we can search easier for the information you need.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Ontherock

Fred:

Here you are!
Not exactly mint but a good reel nevertheless.
Hoping I can find a schematic or exploded view to help with the clean-up. Anyone have a manual, maybe?

happyhooker

Nice looking spincaster; not all of them of that age switch between L & R retrieve.  Olympic stuff can be tough to track down info on, but if anybody can turn you on to specifics, it's probably someone connected with this site.

Frank

oc1

I think that if you start taking it apart all will become obvious.  Those things only have about a dozen parts.  Snap a photo at every step as you take it apart so you know how things are supposed to look as you put it back together.
-steve

ez2cdave

Quote from: oc1 on September 02, 2019, 07:07:55 AM
I think that if you start taking it apart all will become obvious.  Those things only have about a dozen parts.  Snap a photo at every step as you take it apart so you know how things are supposed to look as you put it back together.
-steve

Steve,

Good advice !

Take "special notice" of the direction that any springs are facing or are attached.

Post pics here, as you go !

Tight Lines !