yellowtail popping from the shore in Korea

Started by ksong, September 03, 2019, 12:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksong

I fished yellowtail on poppers from the shore in Chuja Islands, Korea with my daughter from Aug 28 to Sept 1.
We had a blast. We caught many and lost many.
The biggest yellowtail of 150 cm (59") was caught by my friend, Terry Cho who used prototype 9' Black Hole Striped Bass Special 3/4 oz - 4 oz surf rod.
My daughter never fished from the surf before and she practiced only one hour before the trip. At the end of the trip, she could cast as far as I do and caught many.
What a blast.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

Fabulous job my friend,,,,,, ;) your a all around the world Fishman,,,,,, ;D

Cor

Great to see another place in the world where those fish can be caught from shore!
We seldom get ones that big.
Cornelis

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

boon

150cm is a monstrous Yellowtail, especially from the rocks. Would have been approaching 100lb if it was in good condition.

ksong

Quote from: boon on September 04, 2019, 10:59:22 PM
150cm is a monstrous Yellowtail, especially from the rocks. Would have been approaching 100lb if it was in good condition.
not really that big. :) Normally it is 60 lb - 70 lb.

steelhead_killer

><)))">

Cor

This place took my imagination the minute I saw the first video.   Even looked up where precisely it is and how to get there.
Great video, there is nothing like fishing for those things from shore.    They test the body and the tackle.
Cornelis