How to remove white lettering from newer production Ambassadeur side plates?

Started by tincanary, September 04, 2019, 02:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tincanary

I acquired a pair of side plates that I intend to use for a project 4500 I'm going to do.  The side plates came from a newer 5500 C3 with the white lettering on the right side plate.  Is there a way to remove the lettering that doesn't involve anything abrasive?  I'm goofy in that the model number should match the type of reel it is, but I can live with it if the removal isn't possible.

ez2cdave

Quote from: tincanary on September 04, 2019, 02:15:24 PM
I acquired a pair of side plates that I intend to use for a project 4500 I'm going to do.  The side plates came from a newer 5500 C3 with the white lettering on the right side plate.  Is there a way to remove the lettering that doesn't involve anything abrasive?  I'm goofy in that the model number should match the type of reel it is, but I can live with it if the removal isn't possible.

If the lettering is "painted on", the use of 100% Acetone ( Wal-Mart in the Fingernail Polish section ) & Q-Tips might get the job done.

Tight Lines !

This is what I use ( from Wal-Mart - CHEAP ! )

tholmes

I accidently removed some white lettering from an old Promax 3600C with Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It's a micro-abrasive, but it won't leave visible scratches.

Tom